Anker RE [Charge] Product Predictions

Ok, Community…

Tomorrow is Anker’s RE [Charge] Livestream Event! According to the details out there, they will be unveiling a new “Home Energy Solutions” brand along with new products from all the companies (Anker, Nebula, Soundcore, and Eufy).

So before the big release, why don’t we have some fun speculating what products might be coming out tomorrow? I’ll go first and say I really hope Anker has developed a Laser Engraving Machine. I know that normally doesn’t sound like an Anker thing, but who would have guessed the 3D Printer when they first released that?!

Anybody else want to throw out some predictions? A robot butler to bring you drinks? Maybe a solar powered drone that never needs charging? :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ll bite … It may or not be related to home energy … and maybe some camping stuff …

6 Likes

Since @AnkerOfficial did mention some potential camping stuff. I think I will state one that I saw from another brand that I thought was cool.

I actually saw an ad for a solar tent that looked like it had bendable solar panels from like tictoc or instagram for a non Anker item that I thought would be cool for them to do as well…
(that would be the big one)

I could see a solar charged light (like an lantern), or solar tent fan more likely than say a grill

Unsure of the business items as they had just released something not long ago (rechargeable mics)

Eufy security (as with the charge name) is probably doing a different solar cam but with continued upgrades.

Unsure of soundcore as well.

1 Like

The invite emails sent has “Vision”…

I am predicting Some kind of charger for the Apple Vision Pro… may be Battery Pack which fits the Apple device and called as something like Anka Vision :smiley: (Wandavision come to my mind … too many visions)

2 Likes

Resist resist!

Well at least its at prime time.

I’ll throw what I want announced:

• a Powercore which supports high wattage but you can tell it to run slow - tends to be more efficient.
  • a Powercore with an “efficiency” mode where it will select it’s most efficient voltage+current to give most capacity or a “performance” mode which can run at it’s fastest. Possibly an app to configure it for it to report it.
  • Lighter materials, more use of Titanium to make stronger and to conduct heat better. I’ve got lots and lots of Titanium (bike, cookware, a rod in middle my leg from when snapped it…)
  • Soundcore Frames II - successor. Can but wish.

What I don’t want:

• larger, heavier. Anker liberates me to have technology and freedom of movement combined.
  • complexity. Yes I know the above adds a complexity but do it in the simplest way.
1 Like

I’d like to see Anker get into the backpacking market. There is a brand called NiteCore that makes ultra-light battery packs and headlamps.

Headlamps: Seems since they already have “Bolder” flashlights they would already have some capability of making these types of devices.
Battery packs: I typically carry a 10K mah Anker battery, but other brands are making lighter products that work in larger temperature ranges.

Would love to see them pursue those markets.

2 Likes

Gets the popcorn machine ready. I’m all about the camping stuff :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Totally agree.

Fits with not just backpacking but also minimalist flying carry-on.

1 Like

hahahaha! It’s not a slip, but that idea does crack me up!

Noted, sir!

I’d also like to see either self repair or modular designs in the larger products. So if I’m heading into a longer situation reliant on technology but poor access to replacements, I take a redundant strategy.

So backpacking for 5 days I’d prefer to carry an old light backup phone, and prefer carrying 2 10000Mah than a 20000mAh.

Or if I’m traveling for work for 1-2 weeks I’d take my LTE tablet as a backup phone and a backup laptop. Even my windows laptops I carry a bootable USB Linux stick to cover for drive / software failure.

One reason I shy away from Anker Powerhouse and the Everfrost is if one component fails it’s whole then useless and the whole heavy unit has to be warranty swapped, despite that typically something small has failed.

In the computer server market we’d have swappable commonly failing parts.

There’s no way I’d ever believe marketing, if something claims to be reliable, they can never know at launch, it has to be an untested claim.

Solar Eufy cams makes sense as you’re often placing security cameras up high and you don’t want to be up a ladder swapping batteries.

Solar and camping only really works in some niche cases - car camping for long periods , or base camping. For backpack camping it’s easier to pack more Powercore as you’re then not reliant on sunshine. I tried carrying a 10000mAh + Solar and found it too much faff, I drifted towards 20000 and carry a dual wall charger to make use of any power on the way.

If you make choices based on backpacking then they automatically work for home emergencies like outages.

1 Like

I will say I saw an ad by anker on a new product release that took me to their product website but I am not going to state it until after the show as I do not want to have that as an issue with stating the product , if you know what I mean. You can go to shop and products to see it. It is a different look…

I got an email

This?

2 Likes

I like that compact design!

1 Like

It does look different than the 521. It seem to be better if you want to take camping per say as well

1 Like

Car camping. Not backpacking.

1 Like