Anker product names

Does anyone else find the Anker Powercore product structure incredibly confusing?

I purchased a new Anker PowerCore II 20000 (with the new square design) but now it doesn’t exist anymore? Has it been renamed the Elite? Also, some of the new Powercore II products are not even square, instead going back to the older-curved design instead.

What is the difference between Powercore II, Powercore+ , and the Powercore Elite ?

I went to your homepage to view your current Power Bank offerings, but it says “Sorry, we couldn’t find anything.” Maybe Anker stopped making power banks all together?

May I submit an application for your marketing department? I might be able to help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah with II and + and Elite etc really confusing.

2 Likes

Always confused since they updated and redesigned them

So Powercore used to be basically a 5V 2A 10W output per port, the + variant usually meant adding QC which goes upto 18W, but then they had the “Speed” idea which was QC and + also meant USB-PD, they then renamed the originals non + as Elite. The net is we’re all confused. As such the names are effectively useless and we have to go deep into specifications to answer a specific ask.

1 Like

Just wait until we get PowerCore+ II and PowerCore+ II Elite.

I’m most excited for PowerCore+ II Slim.

Yeah so the menu has moved from

To

Anker should not rename products and it should cut out earlier older products, they live a long time on Amazon in particular, it is a zombie hoard of products out there.

2 Likes

Kind of like original, regular, classic, traditional.

With IQ2 I’d say it should just consolidate into Powercore for just IQ2 and + for everything else and drop the II and the older products. This is getting expontentially worse.

Anker.com does not match Amazon, Amazon has basically all the products every made (it feels like it) while anker.com has what is in stock shipping today.

PowerCore
PowerCore+
PowerCore Elite
PowerCore Slim
PowerCore II
PowerCore+ II
PowerCore II Slim
PowerCore+II Slim
PowerCore II Elite
PowerCore+ II Elite
PowerCore II Slim Elite
PowerCore+ II Slim Elite
PowerCore II Elite Slim
PowerCore+ II Elite Slim
PowerCore Pro
PowerCore+ Pro
PowerCore II Pro
PowerCore+ II Pro
PowerCore II Elite Pro
PowerCore+ II Elite Pro
PowerCore II Slim Pro
PowerCore+ II Slim Pro

It goes on and on and on and on and on and on.

2 Likes

Agreed, and similar problem with cables.

Luckily it’s not quite as bad yet.

Maybe we’ll see a complete rebrand :frowning:

I really like Anker’s marketing team’s choices for PowerCore, PowerLine, SoundCore, PowerPort, etc. though

To answer your question, yes the PowerCore II 20000 has been renamed to the Elite.

Didn’t you say that you like the design of the PowerCore II Slim and PowerCore Elite 20000?

TBH they’re a blur I’d have to be pointed to them to remember. It is the same point - we’re all too confused by Anker.

1 Like

I can’t wait for PowerCore Pro!

I can’t wait for the Powercore III+ Pro Super Elite Special Limited Edition XXIII

1 Like

Oh my gosh me neither. I wonder what PowerIQ it will have? PowerIQ+ II Elite Super Fast? Combines PD and QC? So exciting!

Agreed, it can be a little confusing sometimes haha. But they have so many different products !

They did it again !!!

More insanity:

Anker Elite Dual Port 24W USB Travel Wall Charger (old)

Anker PowerPort II 24W Travel Charger (“new”)

1 Like

Oh ok.

1 Like