Anker PowerWave+ for Apple Watch and iPhone Tested

Testing the latest product sent to me by #Anker was interesting. The product is called the Anker #PowerWave+ with Watch Holder. It’s designed specifically with for use with the #Apple #iPhone (8 and newer) and #AppleWatch from Series 2 to present (Series 4). Don’t make the same mistake I did. I assumed that all wireless charging devices that came with the Qi certification worked across all devices.

The phone charging pad will work any device. If you are using an #OtterboxDefender case like me, getting the placement correct is tricky. Anker does mention that the pad is designed for cases thinner than 5mm, which is about 3/16 of an inch. Keep that in mind but the majority of people use much thinner cases and will unlikely encounter this problem. Without a case on, getting it to charge is a breeze.

Where was I wrong about the charging system was with the watch side of it. Even if you do have an #AppleWatch, the watch section of the PowerWave pad, is a merely a holder. You will need to insert an Apple watch charger. Only reason I can think of why this is the case, is due to the costs associated with an Apple approved product. The coolest aesthetic part of this is the watch being suspended in mid-air. If you have some other watch like my #SamsungGalaxyWatch, don’t count on it charging unless it has a charger like Apple’s. Even with the Apple charger in it, I couldn’t get it to charge my Samsung watch. This part is all on me. Hence, I used my sister’s phone and watch for this review and gifted her with the review piece.

However, Apple users will be impressed that they can elegantly charge both their phone and watch in one spot. Anker has designed the USB cord for the magnetic charger to fit in the base of the unit and it loops around the case so the cable does not get pinched or crushed. This in turn allows for the pad to be powered by a single #MicroUSB Cable, a fancy Anker #PowerLine series cable is in included with an Anker #QuickCharge 3.0 USB power adapter. The last picture shows how the Apple charger goes into the PowerWave pad.

The watch holder can be used laying down or standing up and if it’s used standing up, it’ll put the watch in #Nightstand mode. The charger supports high speed charging as it outputs 7.5W. If you’ve got both Apple devices, this is a must have for you.

Test Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Google Pixel 3 XL
Apple Watch Series 3
Apple iPhone X

8 Likes

Do see that you were one of the winners of the we love testing event :slight_smile:

Nice review, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Why thank you very much.

1 Like

Cool, Great Pictures

2 Likes

Nice review and nice pictures! I think your review is a little late :confused:

3 Likes

Thanks for posting your review, I would have liked a little more in depth of how long it took to charge your pixel and iPhone.

3 Likes

Great review and pictures :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Thanks! great pics!

1 Like

Great review and great pictures as well. Glad I wasn’t selected for this contest since I was planning on using to charge my Samsung Watch and from your review it seems like it wouldn’t have worked. Thanks for sharing your review :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your review and pictures!

3 Likes

It didn’t work at all on the Samsung Watch.

1 Like

The first unit had a technical issue with it so they sent a replacement. At the time I reported the issue, they didn’t have inventory available to send me a new one. Hence, I had to wait.

3 Likes

That makes sense. Glad you got it all sorted out!

1 Like

Good review and pics.

:+1:t2:

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, what issues did you have with the first one they sent you?

3 Likes

Nice review. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and images of the new charger.

3 Likes

Can you elaborate a bit more on why the Samsung watch did not work with the charger?

2 Likes

very lucky nice review to in love with the white power wave

2 Likes

The first one the USB power adaptor with it didn’t work and the charging pad was a little finicky.

The second one was a lot better.

1 Like

There is no charger for the watch in the stand. It is just a stand.

In order, for the Apple charging part to work, you need to insert the Apple magnetic charger into it, which is why the bottom opens and has a USB port in it with a way to neatly coil the USB cable in it.

2 Likes