ANKER PowerWave 7.5 Pad VERY HOT!

IS IT NORMAL ?
MY ANKER PowerWave 7.5 Pad IS VERY HOT AND MY IPHONE X HOT TOO ???
SOMETHING BROKEN IN MY PRODUCT ?

Stop (using the unit), drop (your phone so you don’t get burnt), and roll (to the brilliant Anker support). You can email them at support@anker.com.

7 Likes

Be very careful and stop using both items.
These need to be checked by an expert.
You should contact the Anker support.

1 Like

Throw both items in ice cold water (<30F) and then that should bring them back to normal operating temperature. Repeat as necessary.

No, no, no… please don’t dunk the electronics in water (even though the iPhone X is waterproof, the charging pad is not). :joy:
It is normal for wireless charging to make the device warmer than standard wired charging. The PowerWave has a built-in fan to help dissipate the heat. The iPhone also has built-in temperature protections that will kick-in if the phone gets too hot.
@aic, as @joshuad11 noted, please feel free to reach out to support@anker.com and they’ll be happy to assist you.

2 Likes

And worse case scenario you could use the “get out, stay out and get fire brigade out”

1 Like

Yeah, stop use and email support. Hope you get everything squared away!

You could

Or just email support@anker.com and report the problem.

Most people do the latter, including me, because it sounds like an Anker product failure and not a national emergency.

1 Like

I think it’s not normal … in fact it should not work that way. consider to stop using it for the safety of your phone