Anker Powerline II 3-in-1 Cable, Lightning/Type C/Micro USB Cable deal for $10.99

Anker Powerline II 3-in-1 Cable, Lightning/Type C/Micro USB Cable deal for $10.99

With discount code AK8436M4

Buy here

5 Likes

I have found these useful and used, I have a 6 room house and these tend to end up alongside either a 6ft Lightning or 6ft USB-C cable on either a dual 12W or dual 30W. Like many we straddle the 3 port types.

They also seem reliable, I have had to buy one to replace an official Apple cable which snapped.

2 Likes

I have these, and the best single cable, still use it when i need to backup / copy files to iPhone / Samsung devices. With so much of usage, twists, turns, multiple pin changes, these are stil doing good!

2 Likes

Hey @Shenoy and @professor
A question I’ve often thought about with these 3 in 1 cables is transfer/ speed.
This isn’t my area of expertise, but having a micro plug on the end of the main cable does that mean anything you use it for is limited to micro performance, I’m thinking more along the lines of the USBC end.

Am I being a plank or is this a thing?

1 Like

I never used for data. ISTR it was a 10W maximum. For sure there are some downsides which is why not the only cable you’d have. Take for example a car, in our case there’s always at least 1 iPhone, so the car has a Lightning cable and this 3-in-1 cable, while in the living room there is always an USB-C device so there is a USB-C and this 3-in-1.

A sign this helps is when a cable is frequently being swapped.

A place I also found useful which does not apply now and won’t be for a year or two, is sat next to a passenger in an airplane or train, when they’d not bought a Powercore or a cable and you’r on different devices.

2 Likes

Thanks @professor.
Hope you’ve had a great weekend.

1 Like

Today went to the store and saw a similar cable, while it was cheaper I’m sure it doesn’t compares to Anker’s quality

2 Likes

Might have been better @ikari04warrior!
To a point, I’ve found price has little bearing on quality.

2 Likes

True, but I think the price was $6, I’d rather just pay extra and also get a better warranty in case I need it.
With that being said I’ve bought products from no-name brands and they have worked it pretty good too lol

2 Likes

@paulstevenewing i have used (and still use) it as a backup cable for charging (rarely now) and sync iPhone and Samsung. It does it well, for both, helps reduce the.number of cables i need to carry, mostly an option for USB-C… Yet to come across any limitations with the MicroUSB

2 Likes

Nice deal! Thanks for sharing :clap:

The warranty is a huge benefit buying from Anker.
Thankfully I’ve only had one faulty cable in my time.

3 Likes

I am yet to see a faulty product / or a failed product from Anker…

It’s a different thing that I had a bad experience with Roav Bolt… But that product itself wasa half baked, not to mention about it.

3 Likes

Well there are 3 costs involved.
Effort to decide what to buy and buy.
Effort to consume.
Effort to find and fix the problem.

For items $20-$40 our time to find and fix is more cost than anything else. So you ideally want something reliable and if it does fail its replaced with least effort. When you factor your time in, “buy cheap buy twice”.

I had items fail from Anker, it’s been a tiny % of units bought and all service warranty excellent. I count that as lowest TCO “total cost of ownership”.

Having said that, this 6 month old video does show there’s an unreasonable waiting time while quality testing is completed. I’d expect 1-3 month quality delay.

3 Likes

It was a PowerLine+ II lightning cable.
And strangely it just sits under the bed to plug into the iPad every few days. It got 0 stress, but guess thats how it goes.

2 Likes

Thats it @professor
Finding that magic middle ground of cost and reliability.

1 Like

I think Anker has gone too far into the can’t be bothered and use quality as an excuse corner. We’re talking 6 months behind.

1 Like

I would love to see this in a 6 ft version.

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite cables! Although, i never seem to have the tip flipped around the correct way when I initially try to put it on. :joy:

4 Likes

Nice cable and great deal!

1 Like