Anker Powercore III 10k with MI 10t pro

im charging my mi 10t pro (20-25% battery) with a fully charged anker powercore III sense 10K (4 white lights ON). . . .after it was fully charged, i checked the powerbank and it was already 25% (1 white light ON). . .im using the type c to type c charge (PD). . . .my phone’s battery capacity is Li-Po 5000 mAh. . .just wondering if its really 10,000 mAh from what they say. . .

1 Like

It is your phone’s fault. Use the 2/3rds rule

Most of the energy lost is by your phone so

you should blame is your phone, not Anker.

Here you see how Anker lost about 5% of energy but the iPad lost 20% of the energy, when you combine, hence the 2/3rds rule.

As a rough guide a 10000mAh Powercore should give a 5000mAh phone a 10000 / 5000 / 3 * 2 , so about 1 and a 1/3rd recharge.

You’re not staying that, you’re saying 75% of 5000 , 3700, took about 2/3rds of 10000 6000. 6000/3*2 4000 so not far off 3700, so it’s about right.

If you want your phone to waste less energy, consider using a Type A to Type C cable instead, it may be more efficient for your phone as it has less stepping down to do. This is phone specific so you have to do your own tests.

4 Likes

thank you so much for the enlightenment!. . .:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Each phone is differently efficient at how it ingests energy. Consider using a Type A to Type C cable, it may be more efficient. You’ll have to use a good quality short cable to minimise losses from the cable.

1 Like

Great break down. Thanks for sharing always learn something when reading your advice comments.

1 Like

Thanks. We observed the 2/3rds rule quite well in Paul’s measurements recently.

Where 10000mAh in became

Typically you feel the phone’s recharging inefficiency as heat from the phone, a mix of the DC-DC conversion (typically 94% efficient) and the heat of chemistry of the Lithium cells being stuffed with charge. The efficiency is less as the cells get nearer full and I observed the telltale words

Meaning necessarily the phone was being forced to work the least efficiently. There was also no mention of time spent nor phone usage, and that usually accounts for 5%+ more loss as the phone is actually burning energy (being a phone) while being recharged, half of the energy lost is in the 85%-100% period, so when also adding some cable losses gets to about 30%-35% loss, so the 2/3rds keeps getting proved a simple and generally true method to predict phone recharges.

This unfair criticism of Anker keeps coming up, not sure what can be done to stop it. Anker loses about 0.5 of 5 stars in Amazon due to user thinking a mAh in is a mAh out.

Maybe Anker should advertise total capacity and usable capacity.
That way people will have the facts (give or take the odd anomaly) and should have reason to get upset when the product doesn’t perform as they understood from the specs.

Anker is only losing 4%-7% themselves, the rest is lost entirely beyond their control. So 93%-96% is usable. It’s just if you use it then it’s lost by someone else, non-Anker typically 20% lost.

So words like “Note: your phone or similar device will lose energy itself in the process of recharging itself and operating itself while being recharged. You’d typically see about 2/3rds of the energy end up in the phone’s battery, e.g. a phone with a 5000mAh would get typically expect to see 1.3 recharges. This Anker product is 94% efficient - so nearly perfectly efficient, but we cannot control the inefficiencies of your phone”.

1 Like

I get your point and agree Anker needs to move the issue/losses to where it belongs.
Definitely some statement is needed “actual output will be less than the stated capacity of the PowerCore. This is due to loss of energy during charging your device and inefficiencies in the device being charged. Your 10k mah PowerCore will give an output averaging 7k mah”

Whatever their wording, they definitely need to do something as the average consumer isn’t aware of this.

1 Like