Anker PowerCore 26800 (Model A1277)-recharging

Hello–I have the Anker PowerCore 26800, Model A1277. I have a question about the dual input ports. Do I need to use 2 micro usb cables plugging 1 each into 2 entirely separate wall chargers or can I plug the 2 cables into a multi-port wall charger?

You can plug them into the same charger, no problem. Just make sure both chargers can output 2 amps (iPad charger; any Anker charger) to get the best charging speed.

I myself have the 26800, and I always use my Powerport speed 4 to recharge it. (Quick Charge 3.0 doesn’t speed up charging, if you were wondering)

Thank you for your reply. This is good to know. Just to make sure I understand clearly, I believe you mean make sure both cables (not chargers) can output the 2 amps? I have the PowerPort Speed 4 also. Thanks for the tip on the QuickCharge 3.0)

As long as your multi-port charger or chargers outputs 2amps per port you will get the fastest possible charge assuming your cables are not damaged.

Your Powerport speed 4 is the perfect match for your 26800

2 Likes

got it! Can you give any tips/recommendations on what to look for in good quality cables? I can’t risk any cable failures as I’ll be using the power bank on a long backpack trip.

Cables are the most common failure point. In the future picking up a USB multimeter would be a good way to determine if your cables are still working 100%.

I would recommend theses cables the first is a good cheap option rated at 5000 bends and the second will cost you more but are rated to 10,000 bends

5000 bends

10000 bends

2 Likes

You don’t need to. But it will charge faster if you plug in two.

1 Like

Are you aware of any good quality 1 foot “short” micro usb and lightning cables out there?

@Patty_Duffy here ya go☺️
Ankers top of the line 1 foot lightning cable with lifetime warranty.

1 Like