Anker PowerCore 10000 PD+ : how do I charge it?

I have two questions that are not mentioned in the hard copy user guide, nor in the product literature available on Anker’s website.

1. How do I connect my wall charger to the PowerCore 10000 PD+? There is no port labeled “Input,” unlike my other Anker product. This one has two ports: one labeled PD (USB-C), and one labeled Power IQ (USB-A). I cannot believe Anker doesn’t explain such a basic feature in its literature.
  2. The cable provided in the box is USB-C to USB-C. I don’t happen to have a wall charger with a USB-C output port. Do I have to buy a new wall charger? Or a cable which is USB-C to USB-A?

This is frustrating at best. Anker needs to hire some customer-friendly communications people.
This is frustrating at best

Why doesn’t Anker explain these things? They shouldn’t force me to go to a forum to get answers to basic product features like this. Not user friendly. Frustrated.

1 Like

If you have a cable that is a regular usb to usb-c you can charge it that way. This model only comes with a usb -c to usb-c expecting you to already have that charger adapter.

If you don’t a usb-c adapter wouldn’t hurt to get one since most things are headed that way.

Thanks for the quick response. Lv2.

1 Like

Were instructions not included in the box?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spam Links 18th Dec

The instructions in the box did not mention anything at all about how to charge the product. That could be solved by adding a sentence such as: “To charge your PowerCore, use the enclosed cable to connect the PD port to a USB-C wall charger (sold separately).”

It says that on amazon.

4 Likes

Ah, good catch. But a customer shouldn’t have to search Amazon’s site for basic instructions on how to use the product. Anker should have explained this in the user guide. Poor customer communications.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer I too was searching for. I just purchased the Anker10000 today. Totally agree - this was a very simple and customer need that was totally disregarded. Makes me think twice about keeping it. Not very customer considerate!!

1 Like