Anker Power bank 20100 and Lenovo Yoga 910

Hello

Will my power bank 20100 charge my Lenovo Yoga 910?
I’ve heard that the Yoga needs to draw out 20 V and the power bank will only give 5V.
Could I damage the Yoga by trying?

2 Likes

Hi @Jennifer_Cleal , are you referring to a PowerCore 20100 or PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C?

In either case you would not damage your Lenovo by trying (as the voltage is lower than the mains version) but as the Lenovo requires a 20V input (and USB-C) you would not be able to charge with the standard PowerCore 20100…if using the PowerCore+ USB-C model you should be able to charge but not at full speed…

Depending on which one you are referring to, you would be best dropping an email to support@anker.com for confirmation as certain devices can have compatibility issues with power banks…

3 Likes

Interesting question, looking forward to reading the answers. As I would believe it wouldn’t damage it, just would not charge it as quickly as if it was a 20V charger. Thanks for bringing this up!

If you need 20v, and you use a 5v supply, then I can guarantee you won’t damage it, but you will spend 4 times as long waiting for it to charge… So if 20v takes 3 hrs, 5v will take 12hrs.

Then whether it fills up or not depends on whether 20100 is smaller or larger than that which you’re charging… If larger than as above, if smaller, after 12hrs, you’ll need to change chargers to continue.