Anker Nano 18w (A2616) Long-term durability testing

Hey everyone!

A few years ago around the holidays, I bought a few of the A2616 “Nano” 18w usb-c wall chargers. They’ve been in constant use since at varying areas around my house, but there’s one charger in particular that I’ve taken everywhere, and used it to charge EVERYTHING.

Outputting 18 watts in such a small form factor still amazes me, even though I know the slightly larger 30w GaN-powered wall chargers available now pack a bit more punch.

Over the past 2.5 years, this charger has seen it all. From power outages, trips abroad with 240v power, and sketchy public library outlets to solar-powered homebrew generators, it seems to absorb any power fluctuations and take it in stride.

I’ve charged MacBooks, iPads, iPhones and Samsung phones, apple watches, Bluetooth speakers, and so much more with this small brick.

I just want to take the opportunity to thank @ankerofficial for creating such a durable, long-lasting product. I know wall chargers are fully solid-state and likely won’t significantly wear out over time, but this Nano has truly taken a beating and still outputs stable power at a consistent 18 watts.

In fact, I set up a testing rig to determine if all the wear and tear had any electrical impact on these chargers over time. Comparing the well-loved 18w nano brick to an almost brand new 20w “nano pro,” with a usb-c power meter, the bricks both deliver around the same wattage output to an iPad Pro charging with usb-c.

I’m happy to include testing data and pictures, just thought I’d share a long-term story of success about a possibly future-proof usb-c charger.

Thanks everyone! Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

I tested the UK version, I ended up owning like 4 of them. Even when travelling with a multiport desk charger I bring the Nano as a backup charger. It charges everything bar my work laptop.

1 Like