Anker Liberty Air randomly connects to my phone

Hey guys,

hope everything is well. I am new to the community, but I have owned Anker products for about 2 years now. I just moved up from Anker Curve Wireless to Anker Liberty Air and I am enjoying the upgrade, but so far with the price of a few complications. The most annoying concern so far is the headphones randomly connect to my phone even after I have closed them into the charing pack. Is there anyway I can make it stop doing this? Please let me know

best,
Raihan M.

It sounds like the charging pins/pads are dirty most likely the pads on the headphones themselves (more specifically the right headphone) causing the headphones
to think they are being taken out of the case because they are not getting a solid connection to the pins in the case this is easily remedied with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. The higher strength rubbing alcohol the better because it will evaporate faster but any rubbing alcohol you have laying around should work.

Give that a try and report back. More often then not the simplest solution is the one that works.

Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

Seconding what @TheDude has mentioned, check that you are getting a solid connection for the pins in the case to rule out the earbuds not going into a proper disconnect / recharge state once inside. Rubbing alcohol or glass wipes should work on the contacts (also check no plastic film remnants have been left over from the initial packaging)

If this fails to resolve you could also do a reset on the earbuds as shown in Anker’s YouTube video

2 Likes

This happens when they get jostled Inside the charging case, meaning they lose contact with the charging pins which keep them turned off. What you could do, like I did, is use a rubberband to keep the lid from opening. Also check and clean the charging pins and contacts as mentioned above