Anker is turning off automatically.

So I have a bit of a unique issue here. I am an astrophotographer and one of the essential tools I have is what’s called a dew heater. This is placed around the lens of the camera and heats it up and keeps dew off the lens at night. The issue I’m having, is that for some reason my Anker power bank keeps automatically turning off and the dew heater is obviously no longer being powered. Pressing the circular button turns it back on for a few seconds but with my astrophotography, i usually just set the camera up and go inside as it can take 3 hours to get good shots of space and I am not standing outside pressing a button every couple of seconds for 3 hours. Does anyone know why it’s doing this or a possible solution? I’ve heard it turns off automatically when something is fully charged, but I’m not trying to charge anything. The dew heater doesn’t have a battery of its own so is it possible the power bank thinks my dew heater is fully charged even though that’s impossible?

Which power bank are you using?

I can imagine how inconvenient this is … also, a dew heater? Who knew something like that existed! Cool.

@Alexander19 what model of power bank do you have and what are the power input specs of your dew heater?

It’s possible the dew heater requires a low power draw and your powerbank may not have trickle charge capability, which would cause it to power off if the power draw is less than the expected output ie 2 amps etc

thank you! Great question on the dew heater’s draw.

1 Like

Also, is the dew heater on the entire time, or does it have a built in thermosetat to turn on/off at certain temps?

I would love to see your work as well. Can you share any cool shots you’ve taken?

1 Like