Anker Community: One Brand Experience or Separate Sub Brand Communities

Been there!

Welcome back, @Shenoy. Thanks for sharing your perspective, too. Noted!

1 Like

@professor Thank you! I really appreciate your thoughts here. I’ve only skimmed them, but have time blocked off on my calendar tomorrow to review all the feedback here. Next step is setting up a digital meetup with the interested community members to discuss the best future outcome. I hope you can join! (Time and day TBD)

1 Like

Do you currently need a separate username/pw for EACH forum?

Please, no. But seriously. I don’t know.

I think a root issue is solving for staff support on the other forums. I’m supporting portable power stations, charging, EverFrost (cooler), and home energy solutions later this year. I can’t call myself an expert on any of those categories yet, lol, but I think communities benefit from passionate mods/admins who know what they know and how to get answers to the stuff they don’t.

3 Likes

Being part of the community many of us here have special knowledge.
I know a little bit about the Robovacs and their common issues
and about some speaker models.

1 Like

This makes sense to me.

Perhaps try letting community members/mods on each community test new items before they reach market or release so they can help with troubleshooting answers on the communities without having to resort to speculation?

Giving to social media influencer’s might help drive your sales/brand to others but rarely do they answer queries to their followers once they have given the first hand thoughts as they are onto the next product / brand / project etc

Perhaps resurrect the power user program but keep it small (perhaps a dedicated test team) to help?

2 Likes

It is a separate account per community…a PITA when your passwords go crazy…

1 Like

Thanks for knowing that and letting us know. Agreed, PITA.

As someone mentioned, it would be nice to have just 1 login that works for all sites. Like a landing page that has each brand once you login, and then when you click the one you want, it takes you to that forum. You can always hit some sort of ‘main page’ or ‘home’ button to quickly go back, and into another forum. Something like that would be awesome.

I’m not sure where we are with our product testing at this stage of the business, but I’d expect that releasing new product to Anker Insiders (ie community members with standing) could be a great way to expose the product to more folx and create runway for product support on forums.

I’m with you on the rewards/testing program scheme. Something will come of that (again). It’s just too useful to be forgotten, methinks.

2 Likes

Right … better nav. Noted. And I’m with ya!

Single logon has benefits toward member acquisition and retention, too:) Thank you sir!

2 Likes

This hurts my head as a user of the Internet. It hurts my heart as a community manager. :slight_smile: Thank you SO MUCH for mentioning that and clarifying @ndalby. I’ll ask about the single logon option.

1 Like

One thing is important and I think Neil was mentioning this.

There are two ways of testing :
Those at social media.
Pure propaganda.
OK why not.

And those testings which are done by forum members here.

Those social media testers will never show up here and doing
any support job.
The members here will and have done this in the past.
Helps the company a lot because its quase free.:smile:

3 Likes

Welcome!

Another thing to consider would be the community discourse versions so they are aligned , each is using a different version, which gives improvements / features for one but not the other…and so on…

Not to mention the current one that is being used here, I quite buggy ie constant notifications for activity, even when the post has been reviewed several days before…

2 Likes

Roger that.

1 Like

My head hurts with the thought of this. I agree, though. And this main forum is very buggy. I know that’s being worked on, though, so I’m a bit more OK with the bugs than I am the various logins required.

1 Like

We know about these bugs and we were able to live with.

1 Like

You can solve that by categories and tags. So a Soundcore category that Soundcore support only look at.

Then moderators change if in wrong category.

2 Likes

Yes. I agree @professor

1 Like