Anker Battery Band for Apple Watch

Wondering if Anker would be releasing a Apple Watch Battery Band sometime soon…

There is a Kickstarter project for Apple watch battery band. Anker with its experience in charger and Li-Ion powercell could make a huge difference…

Is the first decent Apple Watch battery band finally here?

2 Likes

Good idea but I don’t see it gaining ground. There is a reason no one has attempted it before and I can see this causing issues.

2 Likes

Apple has the patent, Anker or any other brands doing these will require licensing. But with the bad battery life ( 3 days in my case), there is a separate set of users looking for the band.

2 Likes

For my taste, this band is just not my style. I can see this being very useful for some as watch batteries are crap. At least my Samsung Gear S3 Frontier needed recharging every day. I returned it to Best Buy.

1 Like

Neither did I like the band :smile:

If there are stylish bands with battery option, then it would be good.

May be I should post this as an Idea section for Anker forum

1 Like

The band looks a bit bulky and kind of reminds me of the Fitbits. I’d rather Anker make a keychain Apple Watch charger.

1 Like

Blimey, that strap doesn’t win any awards for good looks or anything.

It looks way too clunky and chunky for my liking. The materials used make it look kinda cheap and nasty and would be an insult to put something like an Apple Watch on it. (Just my opinion)

Wonder who this is necessary for. I can usually go a couple of days without needing to charge my Apple Watch.

1 Like

Right now my Apple Watch get recharge every 2 days, I wanted to start tracking my sleeping pattern so I staterted wearing the watch when I sleep. The charge work around for me is that I have 20 min commute from and to work, I charge the watch while I drive, that will give around 40% each way. I think that battery pack will be a very specific scenario.
Not for me at least.

2 Likes