Anker Audio: Water Way to Have a Good Time

I don’t think I have a particular use for water PROOF speakers or earphones. But water resistance is a critical feature for me. My first use case is the shower which is obviously a wet environment. But one use case I haven’t quite found a perfect solution for is outside audio. Something that would be safer in the rain or maybe snow, but be powerful enough to hear around my yard while I’m doing yard work. That would definitely be a huge benefit. Especially because if I accidentally left it outside or wanted to listen while watering or writing with my host without being afraid that splashes are going to be an issue.

2 Likes

What a fantastic range. Perfect for the summer holidays by the beach!

2 Likes

I’m excited to see electronics moving towards at least IP67. These products should show the great importance we need to consumers who don’t have to fear that a glass of water can destroy their precious equipment.

3 Likes

Would be perfect for scottish summer bbq’s :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice speaker, maybe someday

2 Likes

I think headphones are the biggest candidate for waterproofing. Albeit we may not have that much of a demand for headphones that you can wear underwater, and listen to music at the same time, since we need more actual devices that can withstand being under water for extended amounts of time. Maybe if we can get them powered by WiFi, instead of just regular Bluetooth, we might be able to get people willing to leave their phone at the side of the pool (lake? beach?) so we can have much greater distances between transmitter and receiver.

2 Likes

If you mean in ear headphones for sportsbuds they are water resistant, so sweat doesn’t damage them whilst you are exercising.

2 Likes

That would be a true innovation and an awesome one!

2 Likes

I would love to be able to test the Water Proof Speaker. It looks Amazing.

2 Likes

I would love to see this. My “sweat resistant” Beats PowerBeats2 recently died from my sweaty runs this summer.

2 Likes

is this waterproof in all fresh water as well as salt water? what about temperatures? any effect their?

2 Likes

I love that Anker is taking all the right steps in the right direction. Looking forward to more of their water proof products in the near future.

2 Likes

I use sport buds while working around yard. They work awesome and are comfortable

1 Like

Here’s a better explanation of ingress protection. http://www.dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/

1 Like

Entirely waterproof equipment would be great. I would love to listen to music through bluetooth earbuds when I swim.

1 Like

Waterproofing would be great as an extra security feature.

1 Like

I would like to see a waterproof Power Station. 3 USB and a quick charge. The reason I have one is to be outdoors where no electricity exists, also large enough for 7-14 day trips, “I live in Alaska.”

1 Like

Water sports would be changed forever :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know I never thought I needed a waterproof case. I never wear it on the water and I rarely go on a boat. I just recent was at a concert and had to use the bathroom and someone bumped into me accidentally knocking my phone into the troth urinal. Luckily he scooped it up before it got very wet and I popped the case right away and threw it away. My phone was okay but it made me rethink about waterproof cases as a precaution.

1 Like

I have the SoundCoreXL. I have been amazed by its sheer ruggedness. I have gotten it wet many times and it has taken quite a few tumbles. The battery life is impressive and when using Anker tec to charge it, it doesn’t take long. Sound quality it also superb, considering the price point of this speaker. Deep lows and crisp sounds offer an enjoyable listening experience.

1 Like