Anker at the hospital (plus PowerPort Wireless 5 Pad review)

Hi all,
Going to start my review off with some great news that I am happy to share with the community - my wife and I just had our first child a couple of weeks ago!
With any delivery, all in all you can expect to stay around 3-5 days at the hospital. I didn’t realize it as I packed my hospital bag, but I was throwing in all kinds of Anker products in there.

Here are all that I can remember, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I missed a couple.

All these to keep us going and our iPhone 8, iPad Pro, Nexus 5 (my wife refuses to upgrade) and the above audio devices charged. It only goes to show how deeply integrated the brand is for my day to day tech needs and that I trust its reliability.

Since both our phones now support wireless charging (I’m happy that my iPhone has caught up to my wife’s aged workhorse Nexus 5 in that regard), it was very convenient having the wireless charger. It honestly is the best one I have used so far, and we have had Qi chargers for a few years in my household. Even my previous fast wireless charger does not quite hold up to Anker’s offering in terms of charging speed and consistency. All you have to do is bring your own 10W charger.

I do have a circular neodymium magnet under the case, which I had moved towards the bottom of the case, and it doesn’t hamper the functionality or charging.

I would love to hear other folks’ experiences in similar situations. Please share below.

3 Likes

Congrats on your little “Soundcore Mini”! :blush: :grin:

4 Likes

Haha thanks! :grinning:

Congratulations on the birth of your baby :grin:

When I had my kids, 1st in 2009, I had just upgraded my phone to the Google G1. Remember that?? Well it was being delivered the day my wife was being induced. Our daughter was 10 days late. Luckily I got booted out of the hospital around lunchtime on day 1 so I could go and play with my first smartphone lol
Our daughter was born the following morning 08:46 and we were sent home at 16:00.

That phone lasted 2 weeks, I swapped it for an iPhone 3GS and have never looked back.

Our second daughter born also in the morning 08:02 and sent home again 16:00 the same day. You don’t stay in hospital long in the UK

Now, we all use Anker cables and chargers on a daily basis :smile:

2 Likes

Congrats on the baby and thanks for sharing your story with us! :grin:

1 Like

First of all… Huge CONGRATULATIONS

obvs your not in the UK, as the standard here is, bugger off a couple hours after the woman’s “parts” have recovered!

2 Likes

Congrats and it’s great to see/hear how much anker gear you took. That’s just awesome

1 Like

Great idea! I know a lot of moms would use these in the same situation. Especially calling people for updates on the baby! Congrats as well!

1 Like

Congrats on becoming a Dad, hope Mom and baby are doing well. I remember when my wife had ours, our “go bag” was loaded up with Anker products too!

2 Likes

Hahaha, thanks for sharing this heartwarming story with us!
Congrats on becoming a Dad, hope Mom and baby are doing well.:hugging:

1 Like

Thank you. I didn’t realize it was considered an “outpatient” procedure in the UK.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Thank you.

thank you :slight_smile:

Sure thing. Happy to share. :grin:

Mom and baby are doing great!
Thank you very much.

Time for a really really really bad pun …

“Looks like you can call him/her an Anker Baby!”

But in all seriousness congrats!

1 Like

Thanks man, and you’re right… that’s a pretty bad pun.

1 Like

Congrats on your new arrival @aashishjain

1 Like

Thank you very much