Anker 60W 7-Port USB 3.0 defective, outside warranty, no technical support

Hi all,
So in the fall of 2016 I purchased this Anker 10 Port 60W Data Hubwith 10 port USB 3.0 data hub and unfortunately it started failing last month. Anker customer service told me that because it is more than 18 months after purchase, I cannot make a claim regarding any kind of warranty. Also they cannot offer any kind of (paid) repair. ("Due to the lower volume on the European market, we do not have yet a repair service ourselves. "). I finally asked if there was any kind of discount should I buy another hub, however even this was not possible. I find this to be a very disappointing way of customer care. Considering all the leaflets one gets with their products touting their excellent customer service.

Anyway has anyone had this same kind of malfunction in which the hub lights up blue LED 1 and 3 but in which Windows does not detect any data USB device connected to the hub?
And if so how did you manage to get the hub working again?
Any help would be welcome. The powerIQ ports continue to work fine.
The cables (power and USB connection port) are not visibly damaged and I also replaced the USB cable to no avail.

Hope the anker community can be of service.

Regards,

V.

Generally in the emails you get from customer service, there is a link in the bottom to “escalate” the situation. I recommend you follow that link. This will take the problem right to the top of the customer service.

Good luck!

Hey Anjou, awesome advice, I have escalated my case. Should anyone have a technical fix in the meantime, much appreciated.

1 Like

Do you have your dates mixed up because that would still be covered under warranty.
Couple things, have you tried using a different USB port for your computer? I have had ports on my motherboard go bad and no longer register anything, so try a different port. Try a different power source and check to make sure you don’t have any port issues within windows

1 Like

From my experience, Anker support has been pretty good. You have good odds.

Hi Tank, sorry, I meant 2016. I tried it on all four system ports. The ports are all working correctly according to device manager. I do not have another power adapter here.

It is standard for 18months as a warranty period, but 3 years is a long time.

Will suggest keep an eye open on the Anker Forum for deals, there are plenty coming up on daily basis for a new one, time for upgrade :slight_smile:

Let us know what happens with the support :grin::wink:

18 months for paid products. For samples and free gifts there is no warranty. Its on CS discretion.

That is a good point…

I ordered the 10 port version in 2016 as well. It failed today, causing all sorts of USB connections issues and stuttering. The power supply appears fine (green indicator is solid on), but only the first 2 USB port indicator lights will sequentially flash repeatedly. As soon as I unplug the hub, the computer’s USB system is restored. I tried using one mouse and it did not see it. This may be a longevity design issue, I imagine 4 years is average in the consumer world. Looking for a replacement now.