A7721 keyboard will not pair under Windows 10

Recently purchased the Anker A7721 bluetooth keyboard and can’t get it to pair under Windows 10. When connecting a bluetooth device (W10) it finds the keyboard but it then asks for the keyboard pin. There is no pin generated or listed anywhere for this keyboard. I called Anker support and the rep. said it’s an issue with Windows 10 security and I need to call Microsoft? She said the pin is listed in Windows Security but she had no additional guidance on how to find it. Can anyone help?

1 Like

You need to update the bluetooth driver for your specific bluetooth adapter. Do not rely on Microsoft for the driver, rather go to the manufacturer of the bluetooth card or adapter and download their latest driver.

No bluetooth device is suppose to require a pin after bluetooth 2.0 came out as per the bluetooth specs

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll give it a try.

I’ve had a lot of trouble pairing BT accessories with my Windows PC… I currently have a useless BT keyboard, along with a shiny pair of BT headphones that I wull with a jack cable ^^

It almost always comes down to drivers for the bluetooth card/adapter. Best to get them from the manufacturer and go from there

Thank you elmo41683 !! I hope the Anker support folks read this entry, they kept telling me to “call Microsoft”…Anyway, downloading the bluetooth adapter (Avantree DG40S) mfg driver fixed the problem. I’m now able to use my Anker A7721 with my Windows 10 desktop PC… Many Thanks !!!

1 Like

Glad you got it working

Turn on side button on keyboard. Press Fn and Z simultaneously to put it in bluetooth mode.
On Windows computer go to Settings - Devices and Printers - Then make sure bluetooth button is On. Press + button (Add a bluetooth device). When you see the Anker 7721 keyboard tap on it. In the box that pops up type 0000 and press Connect. Then quickly on your Anker keyboard type 0000 Enter Hope this works for you.

5 Likes

I am back,

Hello, jzemcik, I had same problem. After research, I realized that “Anker” is lacking an important section in it’s manual. They end their directions with put in Code and follow instructions. We do, we did. But when we go to find keyboard and activate with the dialog box, it is now asking for a Password number… WHAT password ? I didn’t assign any fracking password.

Here we should have been instructed by “Anker” to put in some number and push connect.
Next you would put the same number in your “Anker” keyboard so to link and lock it with only that device. 0000 or 77, doesn’t matter, just the same. This is to assure you are not link to another device. I did this a couple of times, and with my Virus protection on and off, no difference. Swan PS: I have large hands and need this tablet, for a ‘table size’ keyboard are no better that tablet screen keyboard. So you can understand how I am happy to pair.
can’t send, “Anker” website says I am not logged in. Will leave and come back.

I get into the same situation. The solution is you have to use the Anker keyboard and type in the same code with what you type in to the pairing code from your laptop keyboard. So In my case I type 0000 from laptop keyboard and press connect then quickly press 0000 and press enter on your Anker keyboard. I think the UI is misleading when it only tell you to type in the code and assume you know that you have to match up the code from Anker keyboard

2 Likes

I just bought the Anker A7726. You can try on the A7721. I boot up Windows 10 and delete the paired keyboard from “Settings > Bluetooth > Anker”. I then reboot the Computer and before I do I turn off the keyboard and remove the batteries. When the OS finally reboots and “Control Panel” will open without any lengthy delays going into “Control Panel > Devices and Printers” I then load the batteries into the Keyboard and turn it on. Then I press the button “Add Device”. I turn on the “Find Device” method on the keyboard and it shows up in the “Device List”. I then click the Anker Icon button then hit “Next”. I then when the code request opens hit the auto code generation request line call under the input box requesting the keyboards code. When I follow these steps I always get a new code to Enter. I triple boot my MacBook Pro 2012 Mid with MacOs High Sierra; the Newest, Windows 10 and Linux Mint 18.3. Linux needs a bit of manipulation as well and I recently had to reset the MacOs’ bluetooth damien. Linux, I just remove and reset; I get the new code. I know companies put out products that are cheaper, but I think the devil is in the details of the operating systems and their automation of connection code methods. I am pretty experienced with other Linux distros for example; on one I used to use I could not get their out of the box bluetooth to work at all. Then later on I could not even get alternative methods started.; which definitely singled out the problem as code. I’m understanding that the code is not clearing the code to the keyboard to allow a new ocde to be created without rebooting and taking the batteries out, I am calling it a software issue and when I checked the Anker site the Keyboard had no driver to update.

I would like to know what tools you were using under Linux.
I know its a little bit tricky and needs some “skills” :smiley:

Hi All,

Recently I had the same problem with my new keyboard as well. I’ve tried everything posted here in the forum only to find that nothing worked. After a few days of frustration, I found the solution. I can’t say that it will work for everyone, but it worked for mine.

First insert batteries into keyboard and turn on, then put keyboard into “Pairing Mode” by pressing the “Fn” and “Bluetooth” buttons at the same time. Wait for blue light to start blinking.
Next, open “Windows Control Panel”. Under Hardware and Sound, click “Add a device”. Your keyboard should be listed on the next screen. Click on your keyboard, then click “Next”. A window will pop up asking for a “passcode”. Under the passcode entry box, you should see “Or, try entering a passcode on it.” in blue. Click on that sentence, A passcode will be generated and displayed. Enter that passcode on the keyboard and press “enter”. Viola! Hope this helps.

Run > devicepairingwizard did the trick for me. I was having the same annoying problem. For some reason Windows 10 has an obscure way of deciding which pairing method is takes for a device. I initially got a code to enter on the keyboard but in subsequent attempts it was prompting me to enter a pin. The devicepairingmanager lets you choose. The option that offers a pin number on Windows to enter on the keyboard in pairing mode worked for me.

As others have already pointed out, Anker should really spell this out in the instructions because the onscreen instructions in Windows are less than clear.

THANK YOU!!! This worked perfectly!!!

It all didn’t work for me, but this did:

• open Control Panel (bottom left - Search Windows, type Control Panel)
  • select Devices & Printers
  • select Add a device
  • then a box appears where you can type an entry code (which we don’t have). Under this box is a line of text. I believe it was asking me if I wanted to try pairing by entering a code on the device. Anyway, click on this line of text.
  • you’re now given an 8 digit code
  • type this code on your Anker keyboard.
  • connected!

THAT WORKED thanks so much!

the onliest solution!!
thanks a lot, worked very well with only 1 try…after 74 tries without success

have a good time

Timo

This worked for me too, my keyboard just randomly wouldn’t connect to my computer anymore. Thanks!

The instructions above didn’t work for me with the latest Windows 10. But I did have luck with this:

• Turn on your keyboard’s pairing mode using Fn+z
  • Open Control Panel
  • Select Devices & Printers
  • Select “Add a Device”
  • Select Bluetooth
  • Select the Anker keyboard
  • In the “Enter the PIN for Anker 7726” text box, enter at least one digit and hit Connect.
  • On your Anker keyboard, enter the same digit(s) and press Enter.

Your keyboard should be connected!

Hint: The connection process seems a bit impatient, so don’t waste too much time getting to the Anker keyboard