3D Printing Anker Add-ons!

Very impressive indeed.
I’d definitely make some housings for the PowerPorts so I can mount them better.

You should make some and sell them on amazon yourself.

This is so cool :sunglasses:

As these are pretty expensive for a normal user to own, there should be a way to rent them and use for your project and return them. Or there should be a library kind of place where you can print your own stuff by paying nominal fee for using it.
Hope this is how it works out in the future. It will give additional resources for people to think of crazy & innovative ideas :innocent:

Very Cool great ideas

1 Like

@gAnkster said that the stand he posted here cost 4$ in plastic to print. Plus the cost of the printer.

Anker Fusion 5000 case, I call it FusionFrog. Finished printing this morning :slight_smile:

Here is the link to the Thingiverse page where the design file can be downloaded free:

5 Likes

The one I am using is on campus at the college where I work (I maintain it actually). It’s available for students to use and for teachers to design projects for.

There are makerspaces, like libraries of makey things, as you mention. Here’s a list of ones in the UK:

Here’s a list in New York City:

https://blogs.cul.columbia.edu/dcip/2012/11/16/5-nyc-makerspaces-you-should-know/

Here’s a page of one in the public library in Missoula Montana, near where I live:

https://www.missoulapubliclibrary.org/makerspace

I like the idea of shortening the chain between normal people and the means of production like 3d printers. It kind of democratizes our ability to create things.

2 Likes

Thanks!

It cost about $4 in plastic filament. The filament I use can be bought here:

I think you should have one for your design office! It would be a quick way to create prototypes and see how they feel in the real world.

2 Likes

Yes, just did my research after posting and found almost all libraries work with Makerspace to provide this facility, nice to know. Found one near my home :smiley:. Good thing somebody is thinking ahead of me. Just need to find the materials and good to start a project.

Thanks for all the info @gAnkster, kudos ! :bow: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I like lulzbot, but they are not without troubles. They sometimes get stuck if you have a bad design for printing. Here is the one I used for these prints:

They have a smaller, cheaper version I have used too, it works well:

This is amazon’s choice for the 3d printing arena, priced at about $200

1 Like

Now that is very cool & first rate job :thumbsup:

very cool!

1 Like

Okay thanks. I will have to save some money and as a student it will take some time

That’s awesome!

Those are awesome. Great job :slight_smile:

I love it so much! It’s so cute! :grin:

That is very cool!

Looks awesome, makes me wish I had a printer so I could make one

This is a great idea. I wish some libraries would have them and let you use for am extra fee. I have never used one before and considering they go for about $3k and up, I probably won’t have one for a while. So a place where you could rent them would be awesome

2 Likes

@ikari04warrior Google makerspace in your area. Where are you located?

1 Like

North Carolina and great idea. I will look it up :+1:

1 Like