17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit and Anker Soundcore Mini bluetooth speaker - cannot connect

Hello,

I’ve just been given an Anker Soundcore Mini bluetooth speaker and while I can connect to it with my other devices, I cannot get Linux Mint to connect to it. When I go to the bluetooth settings, and Bluetooth New Device Setup the speaker is recognised but the device type is “Unknown”. If I select the Soundcore Mini and go to Continue, the setup process skips straight through to the Setup Summary. It then shows up in my bluetooth devices as paired, but seems to be inactive and doesn’t work as a speaker. (It also doesn’t appear as an output device in the Sound Options.) Any ideas? My guess is that it’s being recognised as a bluetooth device but not as a speaker.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

Thank you.

Hi @Noel_Blakley,
It’s been awhile since I’ve dabbled in Linux Mint (although I love the UI!), but are you able to pair any other Bluetooth devices (speakers, mouse, etc) with your computer running Linux Mint? If not, my guess would be an issue with the Bluetooth drivers in Linux Mint. Here’s a forum thread that might be some help: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=252275

1 Like