15v PD power bank with UPS?

Is there a power bank that can deliver 15v USB-C (PD) and preferably act as an uninterruptible power supply as well? (For full understanding, I’m trying to move my Sagemcom Fast 5688W T-Mobile home gateway around the house to find the best location… among other things)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Does your mobile router support PD input? If so it’s a lot easier.

The Anker products which come close would be:

• one their 26800 PD 45W, which can do 15V, you may need to insert a PD protocol selector to negotiate 15V from PD in and give 15V DC out if your Sagem is not supporting PD. Would not be a UPS doesn’t do pass-thru, you’d be disconnecting the 26800 and recharging it periodically. But a cheap USB meter to find how much Watts is being drawn now then you can roughly calculate how long a battery would last. E.g. if your router was averaging 4W then a 26800 100Wh would give nearly 24 hours of power.
  • one of their Powerhouse which does PD at least 45W or AC and then a 45W PD charger, such as the supplied router’s AC PSU. They are designed exactly for that. However when I bought one which I returned, I found that unit would automatically switch to battery when power cut, would not automatically switch back to recharge, so you’d have to find a product which did both, or just accept you’ll lose power during movement back to power.

If you can accept the router losing power while you moved around, and while you connected/disconnected/reconnected power then either of the above ideas would definitively work.

For this exact problem I bought a APC UPS. Chunkier but it solved this problem of delivering continuous power even if unplugged and relocated.

I use a small UPS for this type of problem, I think its 94Wh and my router is drawing 9W so about 10 hours of powercut outage. But I have also 500Wh of powerbank to keep everything else (laptop, phone, etc) going in a more compact method.

The possibly even better way to solve this is Powerline. Buy a powerline kit, one connects to router, other can plug anywhere in the same home (sharing same mains hub) , that then can extend a network signal well beyond a router’s Wifi capability, I have my router at front of house and needed a Powerline repeater way at back of house to get coverage. I know you’re trying to solve both power and location but if the best location happens to have power but the WiFi signal then is poor then Powerline solves that.

Portable power bank usually have a 100Wh maximum to be able to carry-on flights, the Powerhouse can go much larger.

2 Likes

Thank you! I learned some things, too.

I’ll add that, according to TSA in the US, passengers must

• pack power banks in carryons only

• they are limited to two power banks

• the maximum is , for the power banks, 101-160wh

Source: TSA

1 Like