Windows App for Eufy Security

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spam Links / Accounts - ongoing

Iā€™m astonished and very disappointed that Anker is so silent in this thread about the status and plans for viewing their cameras on a PC. Love it or hate it, Windows is the dominant operating system in the world. Yes, Ankerā€™s apps work fine on IOS, but how can they justify not porting that capability to Windows? I have Eufy cameras and doorbells installed on my primary and vacation homes, and was about to upgrade my Lorex security cameras to all Eufy cameras. Final step was to make sure they would work with my security monitoring service, but guess what: the service requires a PC app for viewing. End of trade. End of using Eufy products. Goodbye allā€¦

Hey,
You can all view your camera with the Web Based App working on every computer Windows & Apple internet Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari,ā€¦)

Just go to this link : https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/

1 Like

Great Christmas Present thank you for the information Bac1, now Im all set up to view my cameras on the laptop screen. :grinning:

Hey, yourself! I just tried to view my cameras on that link. Quote: Itā€™s unavailable to play the clips stored in HomeBase local storage by web portal because they have been advanced encrypted. Itā€™s recommended you to play them in the app or subscribe to the cloud recording service. Unquote. So the come-on here is to buy into the monthly charges for cloud services, THE ABSENCE OF WHICH IS CURRENTLY THE MAIN SELLING POINT FOR BUYING INTO EUFY SECURITY TO BEGIN WITH.

The idea that you might be able to view your system cameras on the below link isnā€™t entirely correct. If you do not subscribe to cloud services you will be unable to view any events at all.

sorry @tobykc but you are wrong, you can view your cameras via the link above without having to have any subscription. If you want to view the events then that has to be done via the app, but otherwise live view can be done via that link and others have even recorded off that site to their external drives

You missed the point. I granted the ā€œview of camerasā€. I stand by statement about being unable to view events, meaning past events. I have no desire to real-time manage my system and make ā€œrecordingsā€ off of it. I do, however, want to be able to manage device settings and organize event recordings that have already been made on my own local HomeBase2 and to do so on a nice large PC monitor. Try to help me be constructive along with many many other posters, here. Help us motivate EUFY to come through on a two year old promise to deliver the Windows 10 APP and make sure it will nicely interface with our HomeBases. Do not contribute to EUFYā€™s foot dragging by taking too much enjoyment from jumping the gun on other posters. Be nice (and accurate) - or quiet.

Welcome to the community.

Contact Eufy directly raise a ticket on your concerns.

support@eufylife.com

Tank is being helpful offering constructive ideas here.

https://community.anker.com/faq

I just checked my cameras via the link provided above (https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/), and I was able to see live streams of all my cameras and also see all recorded clips via the ā€œEventsā€ dropdown menu on the upper left. The one thing I canā€™t seem to do is pan/tilt any of my cameras via the link. Possibly, Iā€™m just overlooking something? Is anyone able to pan/tilt their cameras via the link? Just F.Y.I. that I ONLY have EUFY cameras (many of them) but no home link/base.

Thanks.

1 Like

Web Based App shows the video only for couple of minutes. And then just stops! Itā€™s not usable at all.

The web based page is not meant for continuous streaming. The cameras are battery powered, so its restricted from continuous streaming due to depleting the battery faster

My Eufy doorbell is not battery powered, but wired. So it very makes sense to me to have continuous streaming.

1 Like

unless you have model E82021F2, which offers up to 5 days recording, then no you still cannot continuously stream for longer than X amount of minutes as it was not designed that way. if you want to live stream continuously then get an appropriate camera made to do so, a video doorbell is not the type of camera to do so

1 Like

Your help here @Tank does a credit to this community. The calmness in response to provocation is admirable.

1 Like

@ Tank My doorbell model is T8200311 (Video Doorbell 2K (Wired)). It suits my needs perfectly. Besides time to time I want to have the video on my screen. Not for 24 hours, but when I expect some visit or delivery. And Iā€™m DOING this, but unfortunately using my smartphone. But as Iā€™m sitting all day in front of my PC (software developer), I would prefer to have the video (and other options) at windows application, or at least uninterruptable video in browser. I donā€™t see any problem to having this. But you think I have to run and hang another ā€œappropriate cameraā€, really? Not logical at all.

If the product doesnā€™t do what you need, why did you buy it? Not logical at all.

2 Likes

You could have all that found out before you acquired the camera.
A software developer should have skills to do that.

2 Likes

@ professor Hey, donā€™t pretend to be smart :).

1. Anyway there was nothing better available.
  2. They promised a Windows app, and that is the main reason why we (not only me) insist on it.
1 Like

@ Chiquinho
Itā€™s not your bussiness what I should and what I shouldnā€™t. Sounds very primitive and provocative. Anyway Iā€™m not going to respond to such kind of trolling. I expected here more respectful people. But unfortunately happens sometimes like on your avatar.