Windows App for Eufy Security

You are not having a private message with the product managers, you are in a public forum of peers. Peers who know what they want, research, buy the best match and don’t make a future promise core to their purchase decision. We do test a purchase immediately on receipt it does what we intended of it and return (in my case next day) if it doesn’t do as claimed.

We are being respectful.

Vendors change their minds. They find the need diminished, or it is harder than they thought. Minds change. We don’t know why that happened but also we cannot change it. But we can each buy based on existing features, and consider roadmaps as nice-to-have. A windows user spends time away from their PC (food, bathroom, exercise, work, etc) so every windows user has a mobile.

Not everyone with a mobile has a PC. PCs are often now corporate supplied where software cannot be installed - for good reasons as software each has an opportunity to insert security issues into the corporate network. So even if there was a windows version, some cannot install it.

You are not just mentioning a Windows app, you’re now also asking for a doorbell to do other than designed to do. So the immediate ask of you above is scope drift.

Not denying they said they would offer a windows app, but change comes from within and we each can learn to buy only what exists now and if it doesn’t do what it currently claims then return for a full refund.

This community is a good source of peer information. It is not official support. You’ve already received the useful information from Tank who from you and another user received negative feedback for their free contribution. How is that being respectful?

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1:

@ professor
Well, I don’t care about your personal opinion. I don’t need your advises etc.
My intension was just to share my experience, my needs, that might be useful also for other. I also hoped, that Anker maybe reading this forum (have no idea)
I’m not interested at all in you personal opinion, judgment etc. Also I don’t ask you to speak on behalf of Anker. It’s just not your business to make a conclusion or assumption on behalf of Anker. It’s their business , not yours. It’s sounds very strange, when you are trying to advocate Anker. Really? Did they give you such authority?
All this sounds like a voices from kindergarten. I’m not playing such games.

As I stated before get an appropriate camera if you want to live stream 24/7. A video doorbell is not an appropriate camera to do so, why do you think none of the video doorbells on the market offer 24/7 live stream and recording at the same time?

Regardless, I will pass your suggestion on to the software and hardware developers to see if there is anything they can do to extend how long you can live view on the web portal.

1 Like

As I stated before:

1. I don’t need a dedicated camera.
  2. It’s not about 24/7.
  3. It’s already perfectly works, with smartphone, even 24/7. So why not with windows app, or at least in browser.

:+1: as I mentioned I will ask the software and hardware developers to see if there is any way to extend the live stream on the web portal.

1 Like

It is the Anker community.

Indeed and they have said the community they read is this one

https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com

And here

support@eufylife.com

What you get here is voluntary peer help.

You’re playing the game of trying via public critique to make Anker add Windows support for Eufy. Raise a ticket so your voice is counted.

Either that is true or false. If it were true

Would have been read already.

If it’s false why repeat?

I can think of one reason, the thermal load, running anything continuously means it creates heat, you’d have to physically design a camera different to do a different function. So more vents, metal. Doorbell is outside assumed in the sun and rain and higher load would mean the cooling would have factor water drainage through the cooling.

I can fully understand why the product designed for one function cannot do another function, and I’d expect any prospective buyer to tick off their needs against product features, then tick off in testing. Anything else is just venting.

1 Like

All want the “egg-laying woolly milk sow” :rofl:

Is that what you are cooking for tonight?:yum:

1 Like

never will cook!
I keep it , will satisfy all my wishes.
Never will get all those dreams fulfilled by any electronic device. :rofl:

Just checked again to see if the stream will continue, but no. stops within few minutes, may be the web portal is not designed to handle continuous streaming beyond x minutes.
Windows APP may resolve this issue, but at this time there is no ETA on the WIN APP.
I usually open my phone to see who is at the door when I get an alert.

And when ever I would use such a camera, whats should I do using LINUX?
I know you will say in a sarcastic way :joy: I should write my “own app” :rofl:

I just want to share more experience using Web based app:

1. As it was already mentioned earlier, it runs only 5 minutes. Then it’s getting disconnected. So when I expecting some visitors, I cannot monitor my front door continuously for some time.
  2. To start seeing the video, very often (not always) it takes a few minutes. It shows the message “preparing to play.” or showing a rotating circle. So when I hear the door bell, I open the Web app link. And then waiting… waiting… waiting… and then my visitors (often delivery) already left before I see them. Not even speaking that I had a chance to answer them or open the door.

The conclusion is that Wab App is nearly useless and doesn’t replace the Windows app at all.

1 Like

@zaxdad:

Except, BlueStacks doesn’t work very well. I have to restart my computer multiple times some days to get their app to load in BlueStacks. A native Windows app would be SO much better.

2 Likes

https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/#/login

@AnkerSupport we should really have a Windows app for Eufy!

This could be used for continuous live streaming for your wired cameras and you can view your battery-powered cameras too.

An app would be much better than the current web portal via the website.

1 Like

there are no wired eufy cameras, and continuous feed of the cameras wouldnt be possible with current hardware either. but I do agree a windows app would be much better than the web portal

It’s good to see this forum is still active, apparently long after promises were made to develop a windows app. I recently got a couple eufy cameras, with SD cards set for continuous recording. They have worked amazing until today. My ISP had an outage, an event occurred during that outage that I wanted to see, and I discovered that playback was inaccessible.

From what I understand the windows app promised to remedy this (by being able to decrypt and view directly from the SD card) but that app doesn’t exist. Obvioulsy the portal replicates most of what the Android/iOS app does, but from what I understand (correct me if I’m wrong), the situation I’m in is impossible to remedy. I can’t playback the period of time my ISP was down via the iOS/Android app, nor can I view what’s on the SD card even though I’m in physical possession of it.

That seems like the primary reason to have a windows app.

I want this too.

1 Like