What's your favorite movie of all-time? | Discuss and win PowerBucks

Hey Anker Fans,

There’s nothing more I enjoy than making a hot chocolate (with lots of marshmallows and cream), getting my coziest blanket, and watching movies. Even though I make an effort to find new movies to watch each week, I sometimes find myself putting on old favorites.

If it’s a gloomy day outside, I love watching 90’s rom-coms like Sleepless in Seattle. And at least once a year I rewatch the Bourne Identity and its sequels because they’re still exciting, even though I know exactly what’s going to happen next!

What are your favorite movies of all-time, and why? If your movie recommendation gets the most likes, you’ll be rewarded with 200 PowerBucks.

Winners will be announced on October 5th.

Lights. Camera. Action! :movie_camera:

Winner Announcement | What’s your favorite movie of all-time? | Discuss and win PowerBucks

Thanks for sharing your favorite movies with us, I’ve added them all to my to-watch list! As was stated in the previous post, the recommendation with the most likes will be rewarded with 200 PowerBucks, so congratulations to @Jesse_Hernandez1! The PowerBucks will be added to your account within the next 2 weeks.

Keep a close eye on the community for more chances to win PowerBucks soon! And if you have any ideas for a future topic, let us know in the comments below!

13 Likes

You were “stealing” my idea about asking movies!!! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
I was asking this question already.
But I have no bucks to offer! :sleepy:

And I will not take part, as the movies which are my favourites are very old ones. No chances to be the winner.

13 Likes

@fhassm I’ve given you a like for some extra bucks :tongue:

3 Likes

For me Star Wars (first 3 movies) was something when I was young. The new ones not so much. My whole generation was dreaming about light sabers, space ships and aliens.

2 Likes

My favorite movie is Cry Baby. I love the toughness and yet at the same time the kindness and good heart they all have.

1 Like

Terminator 2 - Judgement Day
There is something about this movie that brings me back to it again and again.

3 Likes

With the new auction format and power bucks, this contest is a great idea!! Ok… so I’ve got a few, all worthy of mention (hoping that’s allowed). Here it is :movie_camera:

1. BraveHeart (gotta be #1 bcuz it’s about my family, ie scene that says “Damn the Bailliol’s.” Yep- that’s us! :grin:)
  2. The Princess Bride (the quintessential chic-flick :heart:)
  3. The Breakfast Club (seriously- who doesn’t agree! :+1:)
  4. V for Vendetta (WOW. Just Wow :performing_arts:)
  5. Immortal Beloved (The absolute BEST- no, you haven’t seen it. -Yes, this one is must! The life and live of Beethoven :musical_keyboard:)
  6. Goonies (because you really can’t get any more cool than these guys! :sunglasses:)
3 Likes

I can never pick a top favorite–there are too many! That being said, my favorites are (in no particular order):

Field of Dreams
Dances with Wolves
the original Star Wars trilogy
Raiders of the Lost Ark
the Toy Story trilogy (will probably add the upcoming 4th film if the track record is any indication)
Mary Poppins
Coco
Jurassic Park
Heat
and a whole mess of Disney animated films

1 Like

For those of us who grew up with the original trilogy, I feel like this line from “Back to the Future” sums up all of the Star Wars movies that have come out since.

4 Likes

Love “Braveheart.” My Dad’s came to the States from Scotland, and as I’ve done research over the years, turns out that Robert the Bruce married a daughter of one of the clans leaders that we descended from. Means absolutely nothing almost 700 years later.

1 Like

Princess Bride, hands down. It’s clever, beautifully filmed, appropriate for all ages, and for a Gen Xer like me, full of nostalgia. Plus, who didn’t fall in love with several of the characters at once? Fezzik, so abused by Vizini, and loved by Inigo. He’s both gentle and fearsome (RIP Andre). Inigo, who is so talented, but fails to see his worth outside of revenge. Even Vizini, who thinks he’s so smart (there’s always that guy around). Of course, there’s Westley–clever and quick (and hot). My only regret is the overall weakness of Buttercup, who only manages a half hearted whack at an ROUS. Still, she grows a heart and a spine over time. This is really the one movie I’m always willing to watch.

2 Likes

A Bronx Tale starring Robert De Niro and Chazz Palminteri no if ands or buts

My favorite movie that is full of great life lessons good music and a great coming of age story then you sprinkle in a few monsters and you have the makings of a perfect film.

Plot Summary
As he grows into a teenager on the streets of the Bronx in the socially turbulent 1960s, Calogero (Lillo Brancato) gets taken under the wing of neighborhood mobster Sonny (Chazz Palminteri). Sonny initiates the boy into the ways of gangland life, in direct conflict with his straight-arrow bus driver father (Robert De Niro). But when Calogero falls for his African-American classmate, Jane (Taral Hicks), the repercussions threaten the entire neighborhood.

5 Likes

Tough choice but I have to go with Kill Bill
The fight scenes are amazing and make it my favorite film.

1 Like

So hard to choose! :anguished:

If I have to decide on one, it has to be Rear Window.

Also in the running are North by Northwest, Notorious and Rope. I’ve got a bit of a Hitchcock thing. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

So many excellent movies. @AnkerOfficial It would help you do this quarterly, each should be a different genre :slight_smile:

Sound of Music for musicals.

Kid with Golden Arm (1979) for martial arts.

Saving Private Ryan for drama.

1 Like

I have like the Matrix. The first one. It is a sci fi terminator with virtual reality. Inception was another good one.

The Princess Bride is one of my absolute favorites. I even read the book, and that’s huge, because I don’t read books AFTER I’ve already seen the movie. It makes you laugh in all the right places, it has all the feels, swordfighting, pirates, and hello… Billy Crystal! What else could you possibly want in a campy rom-com?
A very, very close second, Deadpool. Because the Merc with a mouth is, uh, flipping awesome. I absolutely loved every bit of that movie. The music, the action, that mouth, the sarcasm, breaking the 4th wall, his roommate. I’ll stop now, I’m kinda fangirling here.
I will admit, two totally different movies over 3 decades apart, is kinda odd. Guess I shouldn’t mention Annie (1982) or Pillow Talk (1959) then. :flushed: BTW-Only in my 40s, just like classics. :innocent:

My favorite rom-com has to be About Time. The story is amazing and the ending made me tear up. Otherwise, in the action category, I really loved all of the movies for the Mission: Impossible series, especially the recent ones as they seem to up the ante every single time.

My favorite movie of all time has to be Hot Rod, it has my kind of comedy and the main actor, Andy Samberg, is hilarious