What's your favorite movie of all-time? | Discuss and win PowerBucks

Today il say Top Gun

Why …
Because it’s amazing :yum:

1 Like

So many to choose from…but mine would have to be;

Castaway (2000)…first rate acting from Hanks that I think even eclipses his performance in Philadelphia

Schindlers List…perhaps one of the few times we got to see Neesons acting chops

Braveheart…perhaps Gibson’s finest so far

Too bad for the both of us as I’d love to learn I’m owed a nice chunk of Scottish inherentance! Or a sliver of land even if only to squat on :grin: But hey, at least we’ve got our claim to fame (whatever that’s worth!).

I work in a very disfunctional manufacturing facility (probably why I am looking for a better employment oppertunity…) and for me and most of the people I work at Office Space seems to be the one we all reference the most. Best parts are the Milton and his red stapler,

the ongoing saga of “The Bob’s”

And just about every other quirk involving copiers and reports means I will always watch at least some of it when it is on TV.

I would also like to give a runner up shout out to Zombieland

4 Likes

I watched zombieland last night, good movie

2 Likes

Space-Balls and Airplanes has to be my favorite movies of all time because they have a good sense of comedy and is clean adult humor. :sunglasses::heart_eyes::relaxed::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love Back to the Future trilogy. It’s a masterpiece form me

1 Like

My all time favourite movie is without doubt, The Lion King. It taught me a lot as a kid, and as an adult I still watch it. :smile_cat:

Others that make the top of the list:
The Lord Of the Rings - tend to watch this on stormy winter day when I don’t need or want to do anything but stay cosy at home!

Blade Runner - open ended, thought provoking, sci-fi movie. What more could I want?!

And anything by Studio Ghibli when I’m feeling ill or upset. Howl’s Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke are two of my favourites here.

1 Like

For me I have to say the whole MCU movies I grew up on reading marvel comics and I could never imagine the the comics I read as a kid to be turned into movies and they were ( in my mind ) just as good and even better

1 Like

Do you mean the real first three parts or Episode I, II and III?

Definitely Office Space for me!

1 Like

The original Star Wars trilogy, not the new ones…

1 Like

I guess nobody but me likes the oldie Crybaby :cry:

1 Like

Oh… My…

Have I lost my marbles??? I can’t believe I didn’t list this next one!! I suppose that somewhere in the back of my mind I was saving the best for last :sunglasses:

1 Like

007 series is the best, IMO.

The Italian Job (the new one)

Jesus, there are soooo many reasons I hate this questions, first off different directing styles, actors, genres, and release dates are key factors and need, in my opinion, to be broken down by category, So that being said, when someone asks me. what is my favorite movie of all time I tend t answer with the movies/s I can watch over and over again regardless of the fact that I know what is going to happen next. So, in my youth, it was the LORT Trilogies and the Matrix Trilogies, I would be a bigger Star Wars fan and Marvel, but, if you are a comic reader, they completely ruined some really important plot points and changed stories to “make them fit the big screen”, Still my Favorite…I know this may be out of the blue but, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Forrest Gump have to be my favorites. First, because they are incredible movies in their own right, one details the real-life mad adventures of one of the all-time well-known journalist and writers, Hunter S. Thompson. Secondly, Forrest Gump because, and most people forget this, the whole movie up until about the last half hour is Forrest telling his story to any stranger who sat down next to him. Also, for both of these movies and LORT, I have read the books, LORT doesn’t stray too far from the books, neither does Fear and Loathing, but Forrest Gump, for those of who you have not read the book, it is incredible, more detail, more adventures, just basically things they had to take out so the move was not 4 hours long. Yup, it’s a long post, but #Anker you asked, I felt the need to be clear. Ok Fine,
1 LORT Trilogy
2 Fear in Loathing in Las Vegas
3 The Usual Suspects
4Tron
5 The Kill Bill saga
6 Snatch
7 Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels
8 I’m forgetting something Epic, ill update when it comes to me
9 Rounders

1 Like

wow there are a lot of good movies chosen, but greatests of all time…havent seen much I agree with…

YO I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! It’s just not topping my top few. Which I define as being able to be watched over and over again without it losing its original awesomness

Depends, but Midnight In Paris is usually my go to.