What was your WORST prediction of 2020?

2020 was an unusual year.

What were your worst predictions. Be honest!

2020 was going to be the year of Graphene Batteries and we would recharge phones in a fraction of the time.

3 Likes

My prediction was that Samsung would bring back the headphones jack after seeing the negative reaction to it being gone :sob:

2 Likes

Yeah at the start of 2020 I would agree that graphene sounded like it was going to take off

2 Likes

End of the Apple Lightning socket as USB-C would inevitably win?

Let me find my own post to prove myself the worst…

2 Likes

1 month left it’s time for the boss battle😂

1 Like

Maybe this next decade will be like 2020

1 Like

That and better wireless charging speeds. Also a faster power adapter in the box (which they completely deleted :joy:)

1 Like

Never bet against Apple doing their own thing for their own inscrutable reasons.

Google has issues too, in other areas. I hate that there isn’t a good mobile phone option that doesn’t include one of their two sets of hooks.

2 Likes

There is open source.

https://source.android.com/

It suffers from bad DRM so things like contactless payment, NetFlix, tend to not work.

I know Huawei has been creating a non-Google ecosystem , app store.

1 Like

This was mine prediction.

My wife has been wanting to upgrade her iPhone for about a year now and she usually keeps her phone until the phone is no longer updated. When I heard the rumors that Apple might do away with the lightning port I thought this would be the year since other devices from Apple were starting to move away from lightning. Now it looks like she will end up with a 12 since she can’t go much longer with her phone.

3 Likes

agreed i thought this would be there year where iPhone people would move to USB c and people wouldn’t have to worry about if people had an android or iPhone to borrow cables.

3 Likes

It becomes a challenge to get good, affordably priced hardware to go with it. And then lots of other things around the edges that become harder if you are avoiding Google. But yes, there are options if you have adequate time and energy to work through them.

1 Like