What is something you learned later in life, that you wish you had learned sooner?

Where is the trust?

Iā€™ve been married for 8 years and been with my wife for 22 years if thatā€™s not trust than what is :wink:. Besides whatā€™s the one thing married couple s argue about :moneybag:. Iā€™m just saying you want your own accounts for your leisure spending without questions like when I use my allowance I give myslef to buy anker products . You have joint acccount for all the main purposes as bills, mortgage, etc

.And besides my wife totally agrees, sheā€™s tells her friends that exact same thing :+1:. Thereā€™s always a spender in a relationship. This is a way to control your finances with less arguments

1 Like

buy a home earlier to enjoy the later years!!!

3 Likes

Agreed, I could have bought a house in the '80s, 5 years earlier when half the price, but didnā€™t want to be bound to a house, I never thought I could always rent it out if I needed. My dumb.

Fortunately I learned that lesson, so then 20 years later I bought another house at the bottom of house cycle and it doubled so my gain.

So one young dumb error then an older wiser success. What I cannot remember if an older wiser told me or if they did i was even listening then.

Conclusion - just listen to anyone and think if theyā€™re right, listen to their evidence, their argument. They might be.

1 Like

I have learned alot over the years, But the one thing that i love that i learned is to always be kind, Even to people i dont like because kindness always wins!

2 Likes

So many thingsā€¦

I wish I knew exercising would be even more important later in life! I was never completely sedentary, but if I had paid a little more attention to my body when I was younger I would be even more active now. And it is easier to build a better body when young.

I wish I had paid more attention to some abilities I had when young but felt wouldnā€™t amount to anything more than a hobby, but now could very well provide me a career change.

Saving money and investing is important, but so is living. Find the balance that works for you.

2 Likes

Oh, I would have spent my free time with the benefit of my mind and body. Fortunately, Iā€™m trying to catch up now. When I got married, I didnā€™t think about money. Because I married for love, and I preferred to ignore a lot of things. I didnā€™t care how much my husband would earn or where we would live and that was my main mistake! So, if I had known earlier that my husband is not a breadwinner and loves to be in the comfort zone, I would have done everything differently. And now I plan to take courses to get a good job because we donā€™t have enough money to raise our children and pay for their education. Also, by reading various blogs like this one https://marriage-professor.com/ Iā€™m trying to save our marriage. I hope Iā€™m on the right way.