What adblocker are you using?

I personally use two ad blockers, Ad Block Plus, and Windscribe VPN Ad blocker, to completely crush ads.

i just use addblock plus it does the job

You better not be seeing any ads after using 2 adblockers

1 Like

On sites like SoundCloud, i don’t see ads, but i still hear them.

Try maybe using a different ad blocker

That is why I have two adblockers

For chrome I use AdBlockPlus as well. It does what I need.

Have you guys heard of Firewalla … a little bundle that can do a lot of things plus the adblocking :smiley:

This can be built via Raspberry Pi, but a lot of work and more time… which is sort of running short on…

Planning to go for it (planning for Red, Blue & Gold are on higher side of $$$$), anyone here has it / any feedback?

Hope some day Anker can create this kind of a device

firewalls :
One without any knowledge about ports etc, should handle that VERY careful!y
You can do a lot there, but …

1 Like

absolutely… very true

I make sure to read the user’s manual.

There are many firewall programs around.
You need really to know what you’re blocking!

I enable the console and logs if I need to troubleshoot, and I learn by just tweaking somethings.

You should use a program watching activities at your computer’s ports first.
LINUX : “nmap” very powerful program!

I watch them carefully.

I’m using ublock origin at the browser level in conjunction with pihole running on a Raspberry Pi Zero W for network wide blocking.

Bildschirmfoto%20zu%202020-06-28%2008-26-31

This is an interesting graphic.
Shows how the browsers is blocking tracking scripts.

This may have been the case for a while, but I just now noticed it.

I sometimes open possibly dodgy websites (ones I think are just full of ads or phishing) using incognito mode so not give it cookies or let it leave cookies.

I noticed you can make your adblock now work incognito so you can not only not arrive or leave with cookies but also block the ads too. Nice feature.

So in total on my full laptop with Chrome browser I’m using:

(on Android I use vanced.app to get the same feature)

I use ublock for firefox and chrome, not a fan of edge maybe because I am getting old and it is new. I usually run a VPN (Windscribe) to block most ads and ublock to block the java junk.

1 Like

I don’t trust these VPN services… these may collect your data, try not to use banking / email / sensitive stuff while connected to VPN :nerd_face:

1 Like