Web Interface?

Is there a way to view your cameras recordings or live view on a web browser, or can you only view them via an app?

thanks

1 Like

Here you go: https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/#/login

9 Likes

Remember, :point_up:you will not have access to your recordings (on SD card) unless you subscribe to the cloud recording service. You can still view the live footage of your cameras.
To me it’s useless, too bad it cannot pull up my recordings from SD card as the app on my phone does.:cry: I don’t understand what is the difference if it’s a web portal or the app?
@AnkerSupport please note this point.

1 Like

+1 and True. :thumbsup:

Reason: They wanna sell expensive cloud service (noone really needs).

Thats why the web portal is also useless for me and onl got one visit from me in the past.
Another extremely annoying fact why i don’t use and hate the web portal: As soon as i login to the web portal, i get kicked out of the app. This means if i would use both, i would have to manually login dozens of times daily. Crap.

But who needs and like the web portal or wanna buy expensive cloud service is welcome.
But i don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe the web portal is more useable and comfortable in the future, if it gets extended and improved. who knows. There are a lot of “construction sites” at eufy (cam) … so we need to be patient i guess.

2 Likes

for all the things that Eufy is better than Arolo at, this is one thing that is sorely missing, and might make me go back to Arlo…C’mon Eufy, get with the program…

1 Like

If you like tinkering you could probably throw something together with the RSTP stream feature… But should probably just be an option without having to work.

2 Likes

Hope you listening? :thinking:
@AnkerOfficial @AnkerSupport @AnkerTechnical
This basic thing is missing in eufycam compared to Arlo and others including cheap $20 Wyze

2 Likes

Does the software work any differently on the original eufy cam versus the “e”?

thanks

I tested that URL, opens but i get a “Failed to Play(FLASH: rtmpconnectfailure)” so my guess is you need to setup the RTSP feature to allow homebase to stream to the web? (unless anyone else knows?)

It would be nice to have a Windows 10 app that you can use like the iOS app even if if limits the history to a few days. Not sure why that cant be done but I guess its all possible just you need to pay so has to be a way for Eufy to make a bit more money post sales.

1 Like

Nope, no software difference (I believe) between 2 version. Obviously, no AI running on E versions

1 Like

NO

I can live with that as everyone migrates to Win 10 in near future.

But App works differently and not similar to have a full blown web portal where you should be able to do much more than in the app. Look at the recordings on big screen, download, delete multiple events at one shot, be able to set up motion detection zones easily., etc…

FWIW, Wyze does not have a web interface at all.

Yeah, I noticed that after posting this, with lil bit of research… also found that there are alternate ways to do that, less complicated than with eufy.
Nevertheless both doesn’t have native web interface… too bad to compare with Wyze tho…

I grabbed a Wyze camera for pet monitoring (cheap and easy to move), so I have played with it a little, but I’m way too lazy to hack together alternative solutions for missing features. :slight_smile:

I do wish Eufy would up their game a little with their web portal. It definitely has a beta feel, and like @yamyam said, getting logged out of the app is a killer.

1 Like

1 Like

Your right, i was using on Edge and Chrome, no luck, tried in Firefox and only after i installed Flash independently did it work but i am on same network so will need to test when at work on Firefox.
Interesting as Win10 has flash built in so goes to your comment about web-interface being a bit lacking, as im sure there are better ways to display than Flash these days. The log out is a pain yes.

1 Like

I think eufy is working on this, if not @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical Please convey…

Anker has stated in the past (I cannot remember where I saw it) that they considered HTML5, but decided the lag was too severe and that Flash was the best way to go. Of course, they added the “we are looking at other alternatives” tag also.

I’m not sure if Arlo still uses Flash, but a quick google search shows their forums have people complaining as late as fall 2018 about how atrocious it is that a company as big and reputable as Netgear is (was?) still using Flash. :slight_smile:

Deciding on a dying and extremely dangerous technology (flash), which already is or shortly will be standardly blocked by all browsers(!), is not very smart …

Apparently Arlo owners agree! (was my point).

Also, let’s be honest: if HTML5 was really laggy, we’d be complaining about that too! :slight_smile: