USB-C options that would be nice

Huge fan of USB-C and Anker charging products and cables. Have a few ideals for products that I would love to see from Anker that are USB-C related.

Powerline+ is by far the best phone charging cable out there and have been using them since they came out. My old phone had a micro USB port and very much enjoyed using my 10 ft micro usb powerline+. I now have a USB-C phone and I am somewhat bummed that there are still no 10 ft usb-c powerline+ cords. I hate having to use an adapter with my old cord and that my new usb-c powerline+ cords are only 6ft. I know there is a 10ft powerline usb-c, but I would really love to see 10 ft options for usb-c to usb-c and usb-c to usb 3.0 in powerline+.

As a usb-c phone user, I would prefer to only have to keep usb-c cords with me but often have to take micro usb as well due to powercores and other devices charging off of usb micro. I am also not a fan of charging my phone with a micro usb cord and usb-c adapter since I often hold my phone while it is charging. On the other hand I would not mind using an adapter on my other devices as I do not hold them while they charge. As such I think it would be great if Anker made a usb-c female to mirco usb male adapter so that we could use usb-c cables with old devices. Also since these dongles are quite easy to loose it would be nice if the dongle had a built in detachable tether such that the dongle could be tethered to a charging cable and thus go where the cable goes. I am picturing something like this: http://www.ksixmobile.com/en/img2/2015/01/b0914cu02-93694.jpg where the part that connects to the cable can be disconnected and reconnected.

Finally I think it would be nice if powercores were made with usb-c alternative versions. For example I am a huge fan of the powercore speed edition and powercore speed slim. By far my favorite powerbanks. My only complaint about them is that they charge via a built in micro usb port. It would be awesome if there were usb-c versions of these power banks such that they charge and can charge devices through a usb-c port while still having normal usb ports.

Just some ideas to throw out there, overall have to say I am a very satisfied Anker product user and still continue to be amazed by the products, community outreach, and overall business model of the company. Keep up the great work guys.

5 Likes

Yes, these are great ideas, also it would be nice for a very small connectors so new chargers do not have to be bought, for example for $15 you get a pack of 3 USB-A to USB-C connectors allowing chargers to fit in USB-C wall plugs, or Micro USB to USB-C to use with Newer Phones instead of needing completely new wires. More USB-C power banks would be nice

2 Likes

i agree the current situation is a mess.

I cannot go fully MicroUSB nor fully USB-C because I have devices which straddle both. Anker doesnt help as it only sells MicroUSB powered audio so if I go anywhere (I’m always with some kind of Anker buds). So I tend to carry a MicroUSB cable and an Anker USB-C dongle so “one cable” does them all.

I cannot also go fully USB-PD because my phone has a proprietary charging technology so either I use non-fast charging or must carry a special charger for my phone.

So from a cabling perspective I need Anker to move up to USB-C for its audio equipment, and USB-C input portable chargers then I can just USB-C cables.

From everyone else, such as OnePlus who have a proprietary DASH charging tech, I need them all also to move to USB-PD. The thing is, DASH seems just better than USB-PC and better than Qualcoom QC.

2 Likes

They need to sit down and think for a moment, they are basically dividing themselves. They really need to just add USB-C to all future
powerbanks.

2 Likes

Well not necessarily all but there should be a reasonable sprinkling of a USB-C Mini, USB-C 10000. They already have USB-C 20100 and 26800 so its really a gap at the lower end.

I think this is probably to do with that USB-C is more popular in higher end tablets / chromebooks and they need a decent size battery, but I’m thinking USB-C version of everything through buds, torches, etc.

The smaller items become dominated by cables and one of each type ends more total volume than the charger.

2 Likes

Also, the USB-C port is larger than the microUSB port. I think all smaller devices will eventually make the switch, but it’s not as urgent as it is for the larger ones as the switch to USB-C isn’t adding any power.

2 Likes

We both won the headbuds Life competition. You say that could not be USB-C? It is big enough. Just the removal of the “which way” MicroB to USB-C would help.

We both won the 21W solar panel. It has “too much power” problem if 1 port so it uses 2 ports. A USB-C with a port which can use all of the power is not a valid useful option?

Currently I’m parking myself in the USB-C 15W corner waiting, but I can’t park here much longer, I have devices in the 50W range which won’t last much more than a year, using 19V I want to move to USB-PD at some stage (when they die).

3 Likes

Well, what do you think Anker’s excuses are?

1 Like

I can see this through both eyes.

From Anker’s perspective, the USB-C standard is rare, is in high-end devices which are fewer, and those tend to be more Wattage, they come with a supplied charger, and Anker has to justify why an Anker vs use of OEM supplied. It seems that Anker advantage is a smaller charger.

I then see it from the consumer eyes, USB-C is trickling down and we hit two different standards.

Where I see the gaps are:

• USB-C Powercore+ Mini
  • USB-C Powercore 10000 with 15W input 30W output.
  • USB-C Powercore 20000+ (20000 to 26800) with 60W output and 30W input.

The tablets and laptops with USB-PD are designed to last all day off battery so the higher wattage needs are more for chargers than portable chargers. So the gap is opening up first in chargers.

• USB-C single port Powercore Fusion
  • USB-C dual port Powerport 2
  • USB-C one or two powers Powerport 4.
3 Likes

A lot of people want an extra/spare/on-the-go charger for their high-end devices. So not only is Anker’s smaller but also way cheaper, especially in the case of Apple.

Ex. Apple’s 29W adapter for MB is 50, Anker’s equivalent is 27

2 Likes

A smaller USB-C portable charger is needed so carry just one cable with your USB-C phone and USB-C charger.

1 Like

Micro usb with an attached usb c dongle???..at least for now.

2 Likes

I agree that it should have an attached USB-C dongle, as they are small and I lose them too easily!

2 Likes

Others offer that now.

1 Like

Yea, but not with Anker quality.

2 Likes

Other manufacturers are sketchy. I have full confidence in the quality and ability of my Anker cables.

1 Like

Didn’t mean to steal your thunder sorry bud

1 Like

@Jesse_Hernandez1 your 100% correct, I feel that other manufacturers use cheaper plastic and don’t take pride in their products with their warranty.

3 Likes

No problem, just trying to whisper some ideas into the Anker’s ear lol.

2 Likes