Tutorial: Pairing 2 BT Speakers For Multi-Room Playback (MacOS)

Recently had a colleague ask me the dreaded question ‘Can you connect 2 Bluetooth speaker’s to a single device for playback, you know like for multi-room use…”. Now normally it’s a gritted teeth response as it’s an iPhone, Android Phone or at a push a laptop (Windows) which is the device their wanting to use. Luckily for them they had a MacBook Pro :relieved:
Now since they were a Mac enthusiast and had no clue this could be done I thought the following little tutorial might help you guys; if you of course have a Mac and have wanted to use your Anker speakers in different rooms while playing your Mac’s music library.

There’s a few other settings you can also mess with, such as configuring to 2.0 surround, although I’ve found stereo to be more stable…it’s also better if both BT speakers are the same or similar in speaker wattage :wink: (oh and yes within accepted BT range)

Oh and yes, you can use the pause controls from the speakers to pause your music :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

This is awesome… thanks for putting it together!

Wow, this is amazing! How did you find out?:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks, might not be many Mac user’s on here but could be useful for the few that might be.

Partly stumbled on it while researching another MIDI related problem for music keyboards, there’s also a few Google articles kicking around which can point in the right direction.

Well done! Very simple explanation. Thanks, @ndalby!