Time for Surgery....long winded post, sorry

So I started physical therapy, found out that even though I can walk and put pressure on my knee… it is very much weak. I have no lateral stability in my knee and I cant take full normal strides/steps, so my Doctor ordered me to have a few more therapy sessions before I return to work. So my next evaluation is on August 6th with the hopes to return to work by August 10th.

I havnt been feeling good due to the heat and just in general due to lack of sleep, so once I get better and sleep I will be on here more.

5 Likes

Hope you’re able to get some good sleep. Best wishes!

Hope you keep getting better

I wish I could teach meditation through a keyboard, but in lieu of that, try to learn it, it is difficult, easier to learn the younger you are.

I can focus my whole self into an injury and consistently heal it faster. Scientifically all I am doing is using the natural process of increasing blood flow, but that’s not how it feels from within the mind. I find the pain and place myself in the pain, almost trying to find pleasure in it. The pain then goes away. Makes no sense through a keyboard.

1 Like

You sound like ancient meditation therapist. But, I agree with the concept :100: meditation, concentration heals most things better than chemical drugs.

1 Like

The most important thing is to believe in.
Same with homeopathy.

1 Like

Take good rest, follow the instructions from the doctor , recover soon!

Do slow!
No hurry.
There is no need to force something.
Enjoy the weekend, do some exercises, but be careful!

That’s placebo, belief makes it true.

Not what I’m saying.

This heat wave has been dragging me down, i guess i really do not function well in high heat. Tried going out with my wife yesterday to get some lunch and storage products and on the way home I got so exhausted I passed out literally minutes after getting home. On the plus side I’m walking a little better with each passing day. Now I just need to get some new sneakers or boots that are not worn from hobbling around and that should help even more.

You should go for such with really perfect inlays.

Bike. You make your own breeze, it evaporates the considerable sweat you make so you feel dry (until you stop) it is also knee friendly if you ensure low gears so put just enough force your knee can tolerate.

Biking is a good knee friendly way to lower weight, so that then makes walking easier.

But I get your point, I’d never live where you are in NC, I visited it often enough, was there last year, I prefer cool and dry places, I’m in a cool and damp place which is better than hot and damp.

I bet you’re missing VT, I was there too last year, perfect weather the further north in summer.

I do indeed miss Vermont, but I’m happy here for now. I would bike ride, I tried that too but my knee doesn’t allow it. I literally have no strength to push downward when trying to pedal…but in due time I will get there.
Right now, I just rather stay indoors where we have central AC and I have my portable fan if I need even more cooling.

If you can stand you can bike.

All you do is use lifting strength to lift the foot and then let the weight of your leg push down. So you don’t actually push down any more than you have to do to stand. It does need low gears, and it needs a high up saddle so you knee moves the least. You can do asymmetric strenght where your strong leg pushes hard and weak leg just removes / restore leg weight from pedal.

Some people use an electric bike for the hills where simply the weight of your leg is not sufficient, the motor augments. Electric bike helps too in hot humid climates as uphills are easier where it matters most, on the flat you’re tuning how much is human power vs electric power to get sufficient velocity to evaporate cooler and exercise.

But this is best discussed with your medical professional, they know your unique personal situation better than the Internet ever can.

I did my knee in once in a bike accident (coming down a hill too fast) and as basically doctors don’t heal you (you heal yourself, the doctor just gives you confidence to) , I self diagnosed and healed myself. Initially I could not bend the knee enough to rotate the pedal so I rode one-legged (push hard good leg, bad leg just hang to the side) for a few days then got enough movement to bike and worked my way up. Took me I think 6 week to recover. I relocated my own kneecap and used Wikipedia to resolve the pain with the tendons and made my own recovery regime. But then we’re different people.

I’ll give it another go when it’s cooler, i don’t want to be struggling and sitting in a pool of sweat. But I have rode a bike one leg before so I know how to do it, it’s just painful right now. I’ll tolerate it another day, just not when its so damn hot.

And I been wantjng to get a ebike so I can bike to work the 31 miles it takes…thats gonna be a bit before that happens as I gotta have the money first. I like my schwinn so ill build my now kit once money comes in again

If you “buckle up” your healthy leg (foot) to the pedal you can go biking with one leg.
I did this.
This way you need not to burden your problematic knee at all.
But it keeps “moving”, so its some easy kind of exercise.

Don’t attach your feet to a pedal.

That’s how I broke my arm.

EdgeRennradpedalemitHaken

Unless your on a static exercise bike :grin:

2 Likes