The Weird and Wonderful Christmas Song Contest!

Awesome contest, I’ll make sure to join you guys

Somewhere in my memory - John Williams

Because home alone movie

1 Like

It’s a classic #AnkerChristmasCarol

Hippopotamus for Christmas

My 4 y/o’s class is singing Up On The Housetop for their Holiday Pageant which means like it or not it is on repeat until December 20! In fairness it’s a good one from the Singing Cowboy, Gene Autry, and it’s the first thing she’s ever had to rehearse so it’ll always be special now.

This is for sure my favourite Christmas song just what a tune.

They know me- Cam’Ron

This is my favourite Christmas song, nothing else matters! I first heard it while watching Die Hard and it’s stuck with me ever since! Brilliant Christmas song for a brilliant Christmas movie :slight_smile:

1 Like

My favourite Christmas song is this. Makes me smile & children always love it I want a :hippopotamus: for :christmas_tree:

A Christmas tradition in my house: Mannheim Steamroller.

This song is pretty much one of the first Christmas songs that I’ve heard growing up. It is a timeless classic that brings back memories of joy and child hood innocence to many.

I’m picking “last Christmas” by Wham! Because it’s an absolute classic. With this version I’ve changed the lyrics a bit…

“ Last Christmas, I gave you my tart

But the very next day you threw it away

This year, to save me from tears

I’ll bake it for someone special.”

1 Like

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful time and get to spend lots of time with family x

This is my favourite Christmas song. Chris Rea - Driving home for Christmas.
Christmas is always busy for my wife who tends to do most of the shopping and the kids are excited (of course) as the big day get closer but I can’t seem to relax until I leave work for the me final time before Santa arrives.

It just feels magical and I love that I can then spend time with my girls and get excited with them.
Plus, it’s a tune :slight_smile: #Enjoy

1 Like

Jingle bells rock by bobby helms… my 5 year old loves singing this song and i love to see her sing this song. There is always that innocent smile on her face when she sings it and it makes every holiday season special for the family. :slight_smile:

I love the thought of fun and traditional Christmas Songs.

However, we at work take this to a different level. 5 of us select 3 Christmas songs every week, when that song is played on the radio at work, that person gets a point. At the end of the week, the person that has the most points wins a prize. (A small token prize.)

Each week we draft a new team of songs with only one hold over. Fantasy Christmas Songs if you will.

It’s great fun and keeps everyone listening and in the spirit of Christmas.

Skillet

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. It’s not very well known, but it should be! I love the playfulness of the song and the video. It just makes me feel good and puts me in the Christmas mood. Dave Barnes’ Very Merry Christmas Album is sure to become a classic…for me at least!

So these 2 songs are the ones that first popped into my head. For me these 2 songs brings back memories of when I was a child so it’s when I truly start to feel festive.

#AnkerChristmasCarol

First is …

Second is …

And for the Gits and Shiggles…

Not forgetting these…

1 Like

The Chipmunks Christmas song reminds me of when I was a kid. I would laugh when I heard this. Made me happy. https://youtu.be/wdN_8OlJGs0

Ariana Grande. Ari has helped me through everything, good times and bad. This song, just like all her other songs mean so much to me! Santa Tell Me is a hit and my fav!

Dominic the Donkey reminds me of time at Best Buy - our GM would play it over our employee radios. It was a blast. It’s a different type of Christmas song… not one of the classics.

https://open.spotify.com/album/1axnQVIWnDP3wMdrDLrzgt