Taking Charging To The Future

Before we even start talking about the magic of USB Power Delivery, it’s probably a good idea to introduce USB-C. If you’ve got even a passing interest in tech and still haven’t heard about this new flavour of USB, then you’ve probably been living under a very secure rock.

Nowadays, if you want to develop a competitive flagship device without USB-C then you’re either crazy or Apple.

So, what’s so good about USB-C?

OK, sounds nice… right? But don’t worry, we purposely left out the coolest part to build tension… USB-C also delivers

UNBELIEVABLE POWER

While your pathetic old USB wall charger dribbles out a measly 10W; USB-C ports spew forth a relentless torrent up to 100W. This is thanks to Power Delivery technology, a new charging protocol that is only supported by USB-C connectors.

Sounds like it could be useful, right? 100 watts is enough to power TVs, notebooks, computer displays and almost any other device. That makes it the king of compatibility. Imagine a house where everything electrical is powered by a single type of cable and socket.

Now, think of your smartphone. Your phone’s charger outputs between 10 and 15 watts and it takes between 1 and 2 hours fully charge. Well, what if your phone’s charger was outputting 100 watts? Even those living under that very secure rock should see there’s potential for massively reduced charging times.

Unfortunately, despite our desperate and undignified sprint towards it, the future has not quite arrived. Since USB-C and Power Delivery tech hit the mainstream, consumers have been overwhelmed by a plethora of problematic accessories and devices. In the rush to be at the forefront of development, some companies have let themselves and their customers down.

Then in the face of such peril, what is a discerning customer to do? Thankfully, there is one company who has put their heart and soul into making sure their USB-C Power Delivery products are safe, reliable and work exactly as they should: Anker.

The Benefits of Anker Power Delivery Accessories

1. Full Compatibility

We have a complete range of Power Delivery products, all compatible with Power Delivery devices. This includes wall chargers, portable chargers and cables.

2.Fast Charging

All of our Power Delivery products are fully compatible with all Power Delivery devices, providing full-speed charging (up to 30W).

3.High Quality

Anker worked closely with the brains behind Power Delivery technology to ensure our products met their high standards.

We are the only company to have a complete line of USB-C Power Delivery products.

• PowerPort Speed 1
  • PowerCore+ 26800 PD
  • PowerLine+ C to C

With these three innovations you’ll soon be able to charge any and all your devices, anywhere you want to go. Now we’re only waiting for the rest of the industry to catch up and start making all their products Power Delivery compatible.

20 Likes

Good article, and I was feeling it! 100W, slow competition. My excitement was building up. Then I let down when I read that Anker’s is only up to 30W. In other words, Anker’s is less than 1/3 of the potential.

Not only that, but it was stated that your power delivery products are compatible with all other power delivery devices, yet they’re not going to charge at most speed since most laptops can take in more than 30W. Not only is there this limitation, but your PowerCore isn’t compatible with HTC 10 or HP Spectre.

Finally, I hope you’re not just going to wait for competitors to catch up. You have 1 power delivery power bank, 2 wall chargers that support PD (3 if you count the one that comes with the power bank), and only one USB-C cable supportive of power delivery that has USB 3.1 speeds, which still only allows for 60W to pass through it. I don’t think most people would call this a complete lineup.

While you’re “waiting for the competition to catch up,” maybe you could start working on a few devices I’d like to see by the end of this year… (even though these are just examples, I’d still love to see them).

• PowerCore Slim 10000 PD
    -one USB-C PD port for input and output
    -fully recharges in less than 3 hours
    -about the same size as 2 PowerCore Slim 5000s
    -no Qualcomm QC
    -$50-$60
    Obviously not everyone wants a charger like this RIGHT NOW, but for people that are only charging one phone or laptop that supports PD, their only choice from Anker is to haul around a massive 26800mAh battery with 2 ports that they have no interest in using. Sure, it’s possible for them to use that power bank, but it is my by no means an ideal solution. That’s why I believe there is already a market for a portable charger like the one I’m envisioning, and it’s only going to grow. Luckily for Anker (unlucky for us), I don’t think there’s a product with this offering out on the market right now, but the completion is probably already developing one.

On a quick side note, a few of your competitors beat you to making a portable charger you just released less than a month ago. For example, RAVPower’s had one since Q3 of last year that supports 30W, is highly compatible, and has a 4.5 star rating on Amazon, probably meaning that it’s a quality product. It even has a scratch resistant finish… So, even if you make a crazy claim that you’re ahead of the completion, it must not be by much.

Anyways, while you’re at it making a portable charger like that, go ahead and make a power bank that can pump at least 60W so that many more laptops are fully supported.

Once you’re “done,” don’t worry, we’ve got more. It’s not just me.

But don’t get me wrong, I still love Anker, we still love Anker. That’s why I’m trying to help. Heck, you could say that I’m grateful for Anker, but they’ve still got a lot of work do to, or the completion is going to blow right past them the minute they stop to take a break. It would be my nightmare (let alone yours) to see Anker lose their top spot in the charging world. That’s how much I care about this brand. I’m dearly trying to advise what I think the community thinks is best. Obviously there are people way, way smarter than me at Anker, and they have every right to make all the decisions. Just keep innovating, Anker! That’s what makes us :grinning:

This was just my two cents.

Quick disclaimer: when I say you/your, I’m definitely not targeting the people who wrote, edited, or published this post, but rather referring to Anker as a whole. :slight_smile:

To the community: let me know if you agree with anything I said by leaving a like or dropping a comment so I know! Figured I’d try to represent some of your feelings with this post. Let’s just hope I didn’t fail…

Thank you and have a nice day.

8 Likes

Great article, Thanks. Also thanks @joshuad11 for your input :grin:

2 Likes

Very nice, hopefully you guys can create an USB-c to lightning cable at somepoint.

3 Likes

Needs to happen imminently!

1 Like

And here I am hoping for a 60w charger for macbook pro.
The 6ft USB C is actually what people would buy most for their phone, tablet and laptop and I think it is designed to withstand 60w means there will be 60w charger in future.
About your suggestion, I think you means the Powercore II 10000 PD (currently has QC 3.0)
It was released and quickly removed though. here’s the link

I agree with you that the 10000mah would sell the most though. I owned a 26800 and it was really heavy for me to carry. then I sold it and intend to buy a 20000 powercore II but I thought it’s still heavy. I opt for the xiaomi 10000 gen 2 and wait until anker release new products though.

1 Like

60W charger was promised by Anker. It appeared on Amazon for a brief time, but is not currently available.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M19TP4H/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&sr=1-10&tag=ianker-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B01M19TP4H&keywords=iPhone+6+Charger&qid=1496250367&kwr_id=1010

Where does it say the 6ft USB-C is compatible with 60W? Nowhere. That’s because it’s only USB 2.0. They only have one c to c cable that’s 3.1 (and compatible with 60W) and it’s only 3 feet - also quite a steep price at $16. Sure, phones and tablets don’t need 60W, but many laptops do.

No, I am not talking about the PowerCore II 10000. It’s big for what it offers and doesn’t feature PD or even USB-C. I am talking about a new product.

As far as the II 20000, yes, it’s still big and heavy. I would recommend sticking with 10000 if you can. If you do however decide you want Anker 20000, it is on sale today for $33.49 ($10.49). Use the Amazon link below in conjunction with the code ANK3USB2 if you’re interested.

https://slickdeals.net/?adobeRef=63021236461911e79bf20e2c2394bcf60000&sdtid=10191988&sdop=1&sdpid=100416892&sdfid=9&sdfib=1&lno=1&trd=Anker+PowerCore+II+20000+Portabl&pv=&au=&sdtrk=SiteSearchV2Algo1&attr_track=Meta%3ACheckout%3Anot%20eligible&u2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB01LQ7MQG6

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial Thank you for this article. When I first heard of the USB C PD, I was like, what’s the big deal? Isn’t just USB C? My GoPro Hero5 Black uses USB C so what’s the big deal? But now… I understand that PD is not just another name for the already existing USB C. If I get this article correctly, PD is similar to what the Quick Charge is for Android phones. Meaning that PD would only really be useful for “most” devices right now, IF the device is compatible with PD…otherwise, it charges at the same rate as a regular USB C cable. I guess PD is still too fairly new to the market and wouldn’t really be useful until the production of devices with PD capabilities are implemented.

Anywho, thank you for the clarification. I’ve been meaning to find out the difference but you beat me to the punch. :slight_smile: Again, Anker is at the head of the game. Well done Anker.

1 Like

Yay at last!!! I’ll be picking up a C -C cable and a wall charger no doubt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cool hopefully an USB C product for my 2016 MacBook Pro!

2 Likes

They are coming out with one soon. 60W - which version do you have? 13 or 15"?

great article!!! :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, the old 30w and 60w charger was quickly pulled out from their store after a senior reviewer found a problem with their charger. I think they’re working on getting the spec right this time with the 30w charger first.

this 6ft braided usb3 does include chromebook pixel as compatible device. and only the 87w macbook is not compatible. Though they didn’t said specifically that it support 60w.

I know that you’re talking about new product when you speak of a 10000mah PD pack. But I think anker is going to use powercore II design from now on. There is a lot of corner to cut if they want to make smaller battery pack like xiaomi counterpart and I think it would affect the cell and the circuitry as well.

Thank you for the link. However I have bought a xiaomi 10k gen 2 which seem to be pretty nice, but I dont know how long the pack last though. I bought it for ~$14. they also have better version with usb C as well for ~$28.
Link to a Vietnamese website though as US website does not come up first in my google search

1 Like

The slim wasn’t making many compromises. It was one of the few times Anker has innovated in the last year.

Thank you all for your patience and constructive feedback, we know we have some big shoes to fill. So thank you to everyone who has been so supportive over the years, and likewise, thanks to those who have given us pointed feedback on all areas of the product.:blush:

1 Like

footer。。nice,,,,,,,,

15" so 87w needed.
Also not sure the usb c cable is capable of delivering power with enough amp?

Do you think this one will be able to?

1 Like

it is specified that it will not charge 87w mbp at full speed though.

2 Likes

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

1 Like