Soundcore Motion+ Issues with Stereo Pair

More features does add more complexity. But when you do as instructed
(to link both the speakers) and there are issues, then you KNOW they didn’t test well. There are minimal steps to link up 2 speakers. It isn’t like we are trying complicated stuff here. And again, IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR. If you think that making excuses for them is ok, that’s fine for you. I don’t think the rest of us agree.

Did you read what I wrote.

That’s me agreeing with you.

Formalise with support ticket and then use the nuclear option of return and refund if not happy.

I agree that blogs are the best way to disseminate information to the customer base. But support should be monitoring the blogs to see how pervasive an issue is. If there are many customers who have the same issue then that should move up your priority list. After a year, either they don’t monitor the blogs or they don’t care.

And yes, in my first set of speakers (last year), I did work with support on this issue. They had me try some of the suggestions you see in this post but couldn’t fix it and suggested I return the pair and get a new pair. But reading the blogs last year I found people were still having that issue with the new set of speakers. So I decided to get a refund. If you look at this chain, I believe that there was one person who swapped out new speakers for the old ones and STILL had the problem.

So yes, support was contacted and really wasn’t helpful. I was hoping that after all this time the issue would be fixed. I mean their competitors are not having an issue. Why does SoundCore?

1 Like

If you were not happy, did you press the nuclear button and return, if not why not.

Ultimately that is why you buy from a brand, worst case you wasted your time but not your money.

I’m just saying I can see exactly why support didn’t make you happy, the many successor products each spread support too thin.

We can mitigate here, cross-user self help, one here gets a fix, helps the next user so less asks go to support, so the next person with the same issue is happier faster, but we here can’t solve a problem, ultimately they have to and you then have nuclear option if they don’t.

Here is best to help, as helping feels good. It’s not best place to vent as noone likes writing it or reading it.

I guess you didn’t read my full post. I SAID I bought these speakers during Black Friday sales. So there is some experimentation needed before I send them back. Not that I need to justify it to you.

And as for complaining, I didn’t know you are the “complaint police”. You seem to have issues as you started your first reply with a snide remark (about me being a manufacturer). I am not interested in your issues. As for “venting”, well, this is the place to complain. And my complaints are valid. If you don’t want to read them, then feel free to skip them AND DON’T REPLY since you are not being helpful.

I understand your problems,
But we are not the support here and you should keep contenance please.

That is fine, But i didn’t start it. Tell it to the professor. There was no need for his initial remark.

I really understand what your prob is and I am with you in some of it.
I can understand your frustration about such an issue.
But it doesn’t make sense to get into more quarreling. :grinning:

I am trying to keep the forum friendly and free of personal conflicts, though I am not a moderator here.

Greetings from München Bavaria
Franz

got official confirmation - Orange Icon Mini are discontinued, and no longer being manufactured. Whatever is there in the wild, will get consumed.

have 2 black icon mini, these 2 dont pair as well, need to check on the serial numbers, will check it over weekend.

But this is a pain, since Orange Icon mini will “never” pair, i think this whole exercise has no positive for me

Soundcore Support has been super helpful, have confirmed, they will ship me the replacement speakers once I ship them the speakers I have (black icon minis)

1 Like

But this is life my friend.
There are so many other things at the moment much worse than this issue.
Take care of your family and yourself, please.:grinning:

I got a mini 3 donated by soundcore’s giveaway,
Interesting small speaker with incredible power and sound.
Playing around now!

Wrote a review at soundcore’s forum.
The review, could be done better, but could be worse also. :rofl:

Based on the x4 I have any with serials starting with the same five letters pair correctly such as ACWRA for x2 of my black icon mini’s.

My orange version starts ACWQZZ and will not pair with any of the other x3 black icon minis…x1of the black icon minis has a different starting variation (not to hand to quote) and won’t pair with any of the others :man_facepalming:

Even support thought is was weird… :confused: (personally I think something changed between batches on the hardware)

Some good news… after failing 5-6 times with downloading their firmware that’s still in testing phase, I was finally able to update it tonight. They have heard my cries for help.
I’m currently on their newest firmware. Will start testing now

2 Likes

Hi,
Any status on this new firmware?

Thanks

@Mike287 please contact support: service@soundcore.com

1 Like

I’m not sure when they will release the new firmware but they told me it’s based on user feedback… So far it’s working with no issues. I have told them it’s good to go…

Firmware 36.98 has been solid. I’m keeping both my motion+ speakers :slight_smile:

Momo_Bobo, thanks for the update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mike287

Hello Mike, Im sorry to let you know that after testing their newest firmware for a very long time . the same issues are coming back. I will let soundcore know and see what they say. Have a couple of days left before I can return for a refund. I might just end of keeping 1 since I really like it

Gee
How did they ignore fire tablets when they test software updates? That’s beyond me. Not like it is some obscure Chinese hardware.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if they monitor these posts?

From observations the Soundcore support monitor more in the Soundcore community.

Testing is difficult because you’d need Soundcore to own one of everything. Think about the Windows devices, all the variety of Bluetooth chips, all the Mac, all major iPhone and Android, oh and Fire. Soundcore release products frequently.

I think they instead rely on initial support tickets showing an issue, if they can’t find a workaround then update sales sites with known to be incompatible. There is some beta testers but they inevitablly can’t own one of everything either.

The community may be able to help if lucky to have matching experiences on hardware.

But my view is buy knowing it’s intended purpose, if it fails your test, do as most do and find fix, if none then return for refund. The return window is ample to test.

Hi there, I was checking the firmware updates as of writing and is stated as latest on 36.38, wondering is it region specific.