Soundcore Motion+ Issues with Stereo Pair

I too have used these terms in numerous posts and instances… It is more sensitive now than ever. Changing times!

I know, but this is not the place to discuss about.

Yep, not the place. Just thought to touch on sensitivity. Lot of literature in and around it will change as well.

Thank you for your reply.
I’m able to pair the two devices with the laptop, either by pairing them before connecting to the laptop or connecting the primary to the laptop and then the secondary to the primary.
The issue is the one in the topic: while listening, several times it happens that one devices disconnect for a couple of seconds and then reconnect.
Also, I was asking if there was a correct way to connect the app while paired with the laptop, as from such app you can enable and disable bass boost and play with the built-in equalizer.

Thank you.

Hi there, any info on the above?
Thank you in advance.
Alessandro

I have purchased 2 of these the past week and paired them. Same issue with one of the dropping out. What a damn shame, software updates still haven’t fixed it yet. :frowning:

I hear your frustration, i have same case with Icon Mini though, bought 2 more Anker Icon mini … Total 3 icon minis now 1 orange and 2 black icon mini. None of them work as pair in TWS…

Working with Soundcore Support is the only option

1 Like

I’ve yet to get an Orange model Icon Mini working with a black model…tried 3 to date…down to the luck of the hardware revision you purchase (check the serials, seems to be a pattern on the ones which won’t pair to others…namely the orange ones)

Black ones too don’t pair… working with Soundcore support, not getting oranges ones anymore.

Most probably, will send back my speakers and support will send me tested / paired speakers.

Weird, managed to get my black variants paired as long as they started with the same serial standards, do the serial numbers look similar among your speakers or are the starting sequences (letters / numbers) quite varied?

I got the black minis paired without any problems.
But not the orange with blacks.
As Neil mentioned : hardware.

Yes indeed, before these got changed they should be tested! :wink:

I got an update from soundcore…

Apparently they need both my serial numbers of my motion+ and they’ll apply some firmware for me via the app… probably custom…

They said it will make the situation “better” once they make the firmware available for my speakers - I’ll run tests and let y’all know how it goes

I don’t understand. If they have some firmware that will make the situation better, why are they holding back from making it a general update?

This is the 2nd pair of motion+ speakers. I originally bought them last year and had this problem with the dropouts when paired. I sent them back. During black Friday they were a great price so I reordered them in hopes that they fixed this problem. Very disturbing that this is still an issue almost a year later.

Does support read these posts? I tried swapping the primary/secondary speakers and still have the issue.

They need to fix this ASAP. This has gone on WAY to long.

2 Likes

Thats a really perfect question, but can be answered only by ANKER’s team here.

Because it sounds like they don’t have the resources to properly test the new firmware version.

Its ridiculous, but they will make the firmware version available to both my serial numbers soon. I will perform testing and let you know if this fixes the issue. I think they might release the firmware if the testing goes well. I am essentially working for soundcore’s testing team 🥲🥲🥲

Please wait for updates.

Have you worked in manufacturing?

So the challenge here is the brand manager across the board, and now particularly in Soundcore, is going for as many products as possible. That ultimately causes the downstream issues of rushed testing. Personally I’d like half the pace of the number of products twice the quality. I don’t see a physical reliability problem (factory, yet) so the issue seems in testing.

The Motion+ suffers now from even though it is a mature product so should be reliable, is its got successor and overlapping products now taking up testing and fixes.

As the total revenue is not linear on total products, they overlap and so compete with each other, more products = less testing per product for a given margin.

But I don’t blame Anker / Soundcore. It’s us the consumers as we’re pulling asking for new products and not saying “oh no not another speaker” - are we?

I have the Motion+, I got for free so not complaining but I have to use it a narrow way to make it reliable. I still use the original Nano it simply works, I had a Mini I gave away and a Mini2 (also free) I struggle to find a use for, an Icon Mini (also free) which overlaps the Mini2 to the degree it causes the Mini2’s non-use. The Nano I bought and still love, and baffled at the many successors.

No!

Better only a few devices being well known ad perfectly tested.
than create more and more types of devices which are having such bad issues.

Are the consumers really asking for “new” products full of such problems?
I dont thinks so.

Meanwhile no one from Anker/soundcore knows what and where its on the market!

Consumers aren’t explicitly asking for unreliable products, they are however implicitly asking via all the brands, each with all the products.

The still good customer service and warranty is there.

A speaker is mostly a simple device with fewer things to go wrong but the trajectory to more complexity (TWS, Partycast, ANC) causes more features to test, more combinations of usage, so needs more testing. Push up complexity and product quantity and you drive to failure any process.

No I have not worked in manufacturing. Do I need to? I understand how to make the customer happy, MAKE THINGS WORK AS SOLD. You know, besides your stupid remark, it isn’t rocket science to test some basic functionality. I work in tech and before releasing a product we test the hell out of it. Our reputation is more important than anything else. If they don’t have the resources to test then hire more people. There is no excuse for poor testing AND there is no excuse for this issue to be out there for a year unless you want to be a 3rd rate company. The quality and sound of the speakers are solid. Just one nagging (but persistent) issue.

I think it is UNACCEPTABLE that it has been a year and they cannot or will not fix this issue. Only thing I can think of after all this time is that it isn’t a firmware issue as much as a hardware one. If true and it is hardware, I can see that they would not want to recall all these devices. But if it is a hardware issue, then they should DROP THE PRODUCT or don’t sell the feature to link 2 speakers together. Sell them as individual devices and be done with it. But to mislead the public is shameful when they KNOW there is an issue and will not fix it.

My 2 cents on the subject.

1 Like

Have you formalised it with support?

service@soundcore.com

That’s the best way, to get ticket number.

Community is best to share fixes we consumers have learned.