Soundcore Motion+ Issues with Stereo Pair

They haven’t made the latest firmware available yet, I’m still having issues with mine… If you want a refund you can contact them

I was on the brink of returning one of my two Motion+ speakers because the secondary speaker kept dropping out. After two days with no dropouts, I think I’ve fixed the issue. How? FULLY CLOSE the Soundcore app after you’re done with it. Don’t allow it to run in the background. Problem solved. You’re welcome.

just got a 2nd soundcore motion + and the stereo quality is amazing but holy crap do they keep dropping out. Tried a lot of the tips in this thread but it keeps happening… such a bummer cause i love the sound on these…

What do you mean with “dropping” out?
Battery life?
How long is the battery life?
Do you play the speakers at full volume?

Email support - service@soundcore.com

While waiting for reply, the only other suggestion for dropouts is to clean the 2.4Ghz wireless spectrum as the TWS doubles the spectrum used.

So standard write-up:

• check if your router has separate 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSID.
  • if not then go to router and change the 5Ghz SSID.
  • go to each device you control, see if they can see the 5Ghz SSID, if so then forget the 2Ghz SSID and connect to the 5Ghz SSID.
  • disable Bluetooth on everything not required, this helps in general with for example multiple paired audio devices not accidentally connected to two sources.
  • if it happens when using microwave oven then buy a new one.

Also standard practice is to pair each speaker with phone and app, check firmware upgrade, then reset each speaker, forget each speaker, and then follow the TWS instructions and pair just the master with everything right next to each other.

The source transmits to both , and each speaker has a unique upper radio signal strength, you’ll find each speaker and in specific locations has a max distance which is usually better outdoors, worse through thick walls, worse near metal.

1 Like

“dropping” out: one of the speakers will stop playing music. its really jarring when it happens, just cuts out.
battery life usuallly around 10 hours. I don’t play at full volume…maybe like 40 percent

heres a little question: is it normal for two soundcore motion + speakers paired in stereo mode to cut out/drop out when someone is in front of the speakers? Even when the speakers are like 5 ft apart from eachother?

Yes it can be when the media codec bitrate is higher requiring a strong signal and when the water + fat density of the person is larger.

Bluetooth has a wide range of versions, and wide range of codecs, you can have situations where the bluetooth version is lower power, the codec is higher and other factors like lots of Wifi interference. Throw in a big bag of absorbing fat / water (e.g. a human) you can cause the stutter. TWS consumes twice the 2.4Ghz spectrum so it will suffer more than one speaker. Not a bad product, not a bad design, it’s just physics.

Cure? Take as much 2.4Ghz interference away possible, move Wifi to 5Ghz, etc. Look at the source, what codec is it higher bitrate?

Also note the TWS does not work with one speaker forwarding to the other. Both speakers connect to your source, the master shares its bluetooth MAC address with the slave and they both receive from the source, so it’s not the distance between speakers matter but between each speaker and the source.

Hey - have you had any success at all? I’m having the exact same issue!! Don’t know what to do :frowning:

This is 2023 and I still have nightmares trying to pair two of these… sometimes I want to throw them.

I just received a pair of Motion +'s. Things are not looking good. I followed the instructions I downloaded from Soundcore to create a stereo pair, to no avail. I tried suggestions I found here. I CANNOT BELIEVE that this issue has not been resolved! I will be calling Soundcore tomorrow, and if the problem is not resolved within a matter of minutes, the speakers are going back. Intolerable!