Soundcore Life Q20 Windows 10 No Sound in Headset mode

My Soundcore headphones work fine with an iPhone 8+ and sound perfect via Bluetooth. I can connect to Windows 10 using a Bluetooth 4.0 or 5.0 adapter. If I select headset mode, I can hear audio, but it’s distorted and garbled. If I select headphone mode, I get no audio at all. The headphones stay connected to my Windows 10 PC and I can even use the buttons to turn volume up/down as well as pause/play music. I just can’t hear anything connected to Windows.

I’ve installed Realtek Bluetooth drivers for Windows 10 and I can use other Bluetooth earbuds flawlessly. I’ve tried removing/re-pairing the Soundcore headphones, resetting the Soundcore via power + volume up. Nothing works for me to get audio on my Windows 10 PC.

Any help would be appreciated as the headphones work fine with an iPhone. And my Windows 10 Bluetooth connection works fine with other 5.0 earbuds. I just can’t get good audio in headphone mode.

4 Likes

Having the same problem I hope we can get a solution for this

Ditto - having the same problem. Tech support has not advised a fix…

I performed a few more tests:

• Using a different BT 5.0 USB adapter on my Windows 10 PC, I get the same error as before.
  • Trying two different Windows 10 PCs, I get the same error, no sound on my headphones
  • Using either BT 5.0 USB adapter on a Windows 10 LAPTOP, however WORKS. So the BT adapters work with the Soundcore Life Q20 headphones just fine on a laptop but not my desktop PC.
  • The laptop is an older Intel i7, while both of my Windows 10 PCs are AMD Ryzen 1700 or 3600 CPUs with B450 motherboards

I don’t know if it’s an issue with laptop vs. desktop, Intel i7 CPU vs. AMD Ryzen, or Windows 10 versions on laptop vs. desktop.

Still no luck on my PCs, but at least I know it does work on some combination of Windows 10 hardware + BT 5.0 adapters.

Same here. In headphone mode the audio is ok but in headset mode it is distorted.
Headphone mode is working with Spotify but not with Teams.

Headphone mode is stereo and won’t work with any video calling app from what I’ve experienced. Stereo is meant for Youtube and other things you do normally and headset mode is when your mic can work so specifically for video calling. Audio in headset mode should not be distorted (at least not on video calling apps)