Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro Review (TechnicallyWell)

I’ve been testing out the new earbuds over the past few days and I have to say I’m thoroughly impressed by the Liberty Air 2 Pro! :notes: They sound amazing and essentially have all of the features of the AirPods Pro! If you have a few minutes, please check out my review video. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2021-01-15

11 Likes

Perfect Ryan!
I never expected something else from you.
Easy to understand, no useless additions, excellent.
:grinning:

1 Like

Thank you @Chiquinho! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Excellent as usual @TechnicallyWell

These on on my radar going forward, after all can you ever really have too many buds :grin:

1 Like

You cannot, especially when you lose them as often as I do! :grimacing:

2 Likes

Great review and it makes me want them even more. Now I just need to win a pair :smile:

1 Like

Sounds like an expensive “hobby” :joy:

I would say a testing pair my way would be great but have lots of headphones/earbuds already so no need to pile on more

Soundcore could offer such a “headband” for all earbud users! (losers) :rofl:

images

3 Likes

That’s a great review @TechnicallyWell
Love your videos mate :+1:t2:

1 Like

Nice review!!!
Personally, I think the blue looks so good for these earbuds

2 Likes

Love the review. I really appreciate you comparing it to the Airpods… because my hubby got me the 2nd Gen AirPods for my birthday to replace the 1st Gen that wouldn’t hold a charge anymore.

When the SoundCore Liberty Air 2 Pro was available for the introductory price, I bought it for him because he prefers earbuds with the tips. I actually purchased another 2nd Gen Airpods for him for xmas, which he hasn’t opened. Guess that is now going back to Costco since he’ll have the Liberty Air 2 Pro now.

I am happy to hear that the call quality of the Liberty Air 2 Pro is just as good as the Airpods because we both use them to make phone calls a lot. I tried using the Life P2 for phone calls and to me, it seemed like I was in a tunnel. So I only use them to listen to music.

I’ve mentioned this before on the forum… I’m one of those peeps that gets an earache if I wear headphones or earbuds for longer then 15-30 minutes. Something about the pressure it creates that makes my ear ache. I think this is one of the main reasons I chose the AirPods vs AirPod Pros. The Airpods sits on the outer ear vs inside. Anywho, I might kick myself for not snagging the Liberty Air 2 Pro once I try the hubby’s when it comes. Hahaha.

Question for you … would you recommend the Liberty Air 2 Pro for someone who would use it as it came… no customization, no app, etc.? My hubby doesn’t like having to mess with apps to get something working. I’m the tech savvy one and love tinkering with apps and such. He’s old school. Just wants it to work, right out of the box. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I see that there is a battery meter on the case (3 dots?), are you able to get the battery status on your phone?

Thanks again for the review. And I subscribed :wink:

2 Likes

Great video review! I just subscribed to your channel

1 Like

I’m the same way! I’m typically good for about an hour with in-ear earbuds, but I found that the transparency feature of the Liberty Air 2 Pro helps with that “stuffy” feeling and allows me to wear them longer.

Yes, in fact, during the first few days of testing, the app wasn’t yet updated for this new model. So I used them “as-is” out of the box, which defaults to the “Soundcore Signature” EQ setting and I believe the noise cancellation mode defaulted to “Transport”.

Yes, the iPhone shows the battery level in the native iOS battery widget. However, it only shows one value for both earbuds (the Soundcore app shows the individual battery level of each earbud). Also, you cannot see the battery level of the case on your phone (like you can with your AirPods).

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

2 Likes

Great review there @TechnicallyWell!!

But you could use the app an do this “hearing adjustment”, find a fitting eq etc
for your husband and updating ear pods.

After this is done I suppose there is no more need to use the app.
(I do this with my speakers only from time to time)
No apps under LINUX.:smile:

Nice! mine arrived yesterday night. I got to use them for about 30 minutes and so far they sound great and hope to give a full review in a few weeks.

2 Likes

True. When it arrives, I’ll sit down with him and we’ll set it up so he’ll never have to do anything else. :slight_smile:

I do like seeing the battery level of the case and individual earbuds on the Airpods. Do you think it’s possible for them to switch to this with a firmware update? I’m not too keen on the fact that SoundCore is using the 3 dots as battery indication. Why 3 and not 4? Thanks again for the replies. We are still waiting for the Liberty 2 Air Pro to arrive.

I think they can do it with an update to their app but not too sure how much Apple restricts them

1 Like

I haven’t seen any other Bluetooth device (outside of devices with Apple’s chip) show more than 1 battery level, so unfortunately I don’t think it will be possible in the near future. It might require a new version of the Bluetooth protocol itself as I believe the current Bluetooth battery indicator is a standard that both Apple and Android utilize.

1 Like