Share Your Dumbest Story to Win PowerBucks!

I also order take-out very often but forget to change the delivery address from my parents house to my new house.

It’s now been the 15th time this has happened and cost me more in tips than the actual food bill.

You would have thought I would have learnt my lesson after the 2nd time but nooooooo

Guys, I just love your stories :joy::joy: “dumb” but interesting and cute at the same time

1 Like

Up to THIS point in my life I had never seen a pressure washer let alone use one. While at our small college, part of receiving tuition assistance is that all the students would help to keep the campus clean to cut down on paid staffing. SO…I was assigned to detail a 300 ft section of side walk and curb along one of the main dorms. I was shown how to hook up the unit and turn it on (not as intuitive as one might think). I attached the water hose and the power cord, but when I pulled back on the handle a non thrilling stream of water shot out. I set out to work…I must have stayed on the same square foot of sidewalk for 30min until someone came up to me and said…“It works better if you turn it on”. They proceeded to step on the compressor peddle which immediately turned on and with a test of the trigger the pressure washer wand pushed back with just a slightly lesser kick than a 22 rifle in the hands of a ten year old. Dropping the wand, I got that “dumb azz” look and I set about to get to work as I had wasted almost a quarter of my time.

This IS NOT the dumbest thing about this story. It only compounds with what is about to happen next. Again, I ask for pity as this was about 20 years ago, with no real manual labor work experience to my name. So I get about task of cleaning dirt and baked on grime off the concrete. I quickly pick up some ‘best practices’ with the pressure washer and the different tips that were attached to the unit. …The TIPS…Oh YES…the tips. If you know anything about pressure washers you will know that some of these tips are known as Quick Release which essentially snap on with a press down to lock the tips into place while you press down again to eject the tip from the tip of the wand. My first attempt at changing out the tip to me was pretty epic. I pressed and released the one tip fine…no issue. I go to attach the other tip and everything snapped in ‘fine’ and when I went to test the new tip I pulled the wand up with one arm like I’m aiming a small rifle and I pull back on the trigger which sent a surge of highly pressurized water through the wand which immediately exploded at the end ever so briefly, then a chaotic spray hits the air. I stop the water and look at the nozzle and notice it is no there. Oh my gosh! I realize like you what just happened. I shot this tip down range who knows how far. I turn off my equipment and begin walking down the 500 ft drive way. I wish I could express how far this high pressure machine sent this plastic and metal tip down range, but all I’m going to say is that I found it about 400 feet down from where I was in a small parking lot. As far as I could tell, none of the cars were damaged, but it would have been a little more epic if the nozzle had embed itself in the windshield of one of these vehicles. But THIS IS NOT the dumbest thing that I did that day.

I get done with my task about 15min early and I decide to play around. After some high pressure watering and the destruction of a few expensive flowers that were just planted. I find that my hands had dirt on them and I thought…I should use this to wash my hands off. No worries, I’ve used hoses to wash my hands before…even on the ‘stream’ setting. It hurt, but it didn’t do any real damage to my hand as a kid.

… Don’t get ahead of me. …
I turn on the compressor once again and begin to spray the water. I reach out my left hand to put it into the highly pressurized stream and the moment I touch the edge of the water I drop the wand in pain and immediately grab my hand. I see some red from where my skin was almost surgically cut off, and for the first few moments, I think…It’s okay. Then the blood starts to flow. I had lacerated about a two inch section of my hand and forefinger. Luckily it was just the top layer of skin that was cut with the water. I go to my first aid kit and doctor myself up. The only thing that hurt worse than the cut at that moment was the alcohol spray that I used to clean the cut before applying the gauze pad.

No one saw this moment in my history, but at that moment, I realized that I was the reason why some of those seemingly dumb warning labels are printed.

In the final words of Bill Engvall The Great: Here’s YOUR SIGN…

1 Like

So years ago I had a motorcycle. I needed to the leave house and head to work so I was looking all over the house for my sunglasses. I looked everywhere tearing the house apart and they could not be found. I even asked my sister who was standing in front of me if she could help look for them. Together we ran all over the house in search for my glasses. At one point I walk into the bathroom and I’m looking at the counter and then I notice in the mirror my reflection, which happens to show me the glasses we had been looking for were on my head, sitting on my hair. I laughed and shook my head. Then I walked over to my sister who said she couldn’t find them and I said, “ummm look at my hair” and then we both laughed and shook our heads. It doesn’t get any dumber than that happening to me, unless you want to count it happening to two people at the same time lol.

wow lots of of posts and very interesting reading for sure. man my list is just too long let me think for a bit

This is a true story from about 9 years ago.

It was just a normal day, like any other and a friend of mine wanted to show me a ‘crazy’ video they’d seen on the Internet. It was a fairly short video of some random guy playing a game and screaming at the top of his voice. I laughed so they proceeded to show me more videos of the same guy playing video games and uploading them to YouTube.

Until this point, I had only used YouTube to upload videos as part of a University course I was doing. So my reaction was simple but turned out to be truly dumb: “Who in their right mind is going to sit there watching someone else playing a video game, when they can be playing it themselves”.

That was 2011, It’s now 2020 and who has his own channels on YouTube and Twitch? Me, that’s who. And the who was the “random guy playing video games”, none other than PewDiePie.

Looking back I both want to cringe and facepalm at my own dumbness.

Share yours :+1:

:laughing::+1::laughing::+1: Thanks for sharing your stories guys

Swore I had made more coffee. Went to the kitchen to pour some more and the coffee pot was in the drainer — did my family drink it all already?

Emptied the grounds and started a new pot.

Wasn’t until later we discovered the ‘Coffee Drawer’ I filled by forgetting to replace the carafe! All that coffee brewed and dripped cleanly over the lip of the kitchen counter and into the top drawer where it sat for hours. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Thank you everyone for sharing your cute, interesting, thrilling, creative or moving stories.

They are all good that it was really hard for us to choose among these stories. :hugs:

2 Likes

Congratulations @Tank, @ndalby,and @SpencerJames

1 Like

Those stories were the winners!! Congrats @tank @SpencerJames @ndalby :clap::clap::clap:

Great selection @AnkerOfficial :+1:

1 Like

Great result.
Well done @Tank on the win and @SpencerJames and @ndalby for coming in second and third :+1:t2:

1 Like

Wow! Thank you @AnkerOfficial! Congratulations @Tank, @ndalby!

vb_woot Thanks @AnkerOfficial and everyone else, much love to you all

3 Likes

Congrats to the winners it was great to read everyone’s stories

1 Like

Congratulation to our story tellers.
Great job you all made.

1 Like