Share Your Dumbest Story to Win PowerBucks!

One time I fell asleep and woke up around 6ish, now this was in the fall and it started to get dark around this time. But, 6ish it also looked the same as it did at 6 in the morning. So I fell asleep and woke up around 6ish, My mom use to say goodbye to me before she left for work and I didnt remember her waking me so I called her job. Her boss picked up and I asked to speak to my mother, he said she had gone home for the day and I told him no she didnt she left for work like she always did around 5:30. we ended up arguing back and forth and I called him a big dummy who had no right to be running a Bank. Fast forward to an hour later my mother comes home and I immediately ask if I got her fired for arguing with her boss. My mom tells me how she had already went to sork and that she came home and since I was sleeping her and my sisters went to the grocery store.
needless to say I was embarrassed and didnt know what to say besides sorry. The next day my mom went to work and her boss told her all about me calling and yelling at him, he gave her the day off and told her to take me out so I can relax. Mom came home and jokingly told me I got her fired and I broke down crying, I called her boss begging him not to fire her and he was confused and proceeded to tell me she didnt get fired and he just sent her home to have a relaxing day with me. And with me being a kid I argued with him yet again and yelled at him saying how dare he fire my mother and there would be heII to pay, he laughed and told me I need to get out more and be a kid. I went and told my mom I called her boss and demanded he give her her job back, she got mad at me but happy that I tried to stand up for her…then she punished grounded me for arguing with her boss again.

When they had the company picnic I was joke of everyone at her office since I didn’t know light from day, and thought my mom got fired. after the last episode, I stopped calling her job and called her cell phone. I felt like a complete fool.

3 Likes

Taking a shortcut through a park on the way to my Airbnb I arrived at the other side to find the gate locked. Retracing my steps I found the gate I’d entered through was also locked. After finding all of the other exits locked I had visions of sleeping on a bench for the night.

Eventually after a healthy amount of panic I managed to scale a 7 foot fence and finally make it to my room.

Shortest and Best :rofl:

Meaning conveyed :+1:

1 Like

So I was driving to college once and was with my friend talking. I had to take the blue path to enter interstate and instead of merging left to not drive right on the state highway again. My stupid self, busy talking, drives straight on the cloverleaf entry ramp back to state highway :man_facepalming:

Good one there @paulstevenewing, I hear you, this is one of those cases which used to irritate me a lot, long back had my desk close to common printer…

Best solution / option for all such noise / pesky people - wear a headset :headphones: if you don’t want to be bothered or disturbed, people are decent enough to leave you in peace, and you don’t get irritated with their stomping / whining / frustration.

By the way, it’s a Go-Green initiative now, No Prints / No Faxes :+1:

2 Likes

:flushed:. I did this on the way to work this morning :joy:.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: hope you didn’t get late to work. But man I honestly felt stupid at the moment. Most of the ride to college was just talking about that and laughing our butts off

2 Likes

Luckily I’m the guy that gets to decide wether or not someone is late :laughing:

3 Likes

Keep the stories coming guys :rofl:

So in my early years being a bachelor, I use to work in the social work field. I was always on the go and my life was always in a hurry. So I would eat out a lot and eat n drive to save tme. Although I did good at my job, the stress was weighing on me. Well I noticed my bank account was getting low and did not know why. Well being on the go, I did not write my checks down like I should sometimes. So I had to cut back due to bills and did not know why I was bleeding money. After about 3 weeks, I got my bank statement and I could check what I spent the money on. Well come to find out, I deposited my payday but did not wrote it down.

With this story, it is why I let my wife take care of our bills/ lol.

Thanks @Shenoy
That was a year or two ago now.
We have reduced the paper we use in the office a lot since.
Contracts are now e-signed and we introduced multiple screens to compare and collate documents.
It was criminal that our admin team used to print multiple docummets to collate them into one spreedsheet on their computer.
Not only paper, but as you can image, thats saved lots of man hours and reduced errors as they can copy and paste.
Funny looking back how archaic some processes were in the office.

1 Like

You think that’s a waste of paper, try working with a mainframe in the 80s, it was a lot of paper, you’d consume a major trunk of a tree just to find a syntax error.

And back then if you wanted to consume more than 6 seconds of mainframe time you had to walk a peice of paper around senior managers justifying it and then hand to the mainframe operator to release the batch job.

Kids these days…

1 Like

Don’t know they are born, do they?

1 Like

I have a few of those “here hold my beer and watch this” moments. I will have to think about this an figure out the best one to share.

Once upon a time i decided to enter this forum! :joy:

3 Likes

Great event! Thanks Anker! :clap::clap::clap:

One time when traveling in Thailand I told everyone in our group to pack everything up that night so that we could catch our flight in the morning.

The next morning (around 4:00am!) we checked out of our Airbnb (which was someone’s apartment in a high rise that you had to be stealthy about because they don’t allow short term rentals). I gave the security guard my two keys and explained we were checking out. It was still dark.

We proceeded to the airport and upon arrival checked in. I thought we were with AirAsia and the self check in could not find our record. I then realized we were flying VietJet to Vietnam.
We walked to the other end of the airport to VietJet and again their kiosk said there was no record. I went to the desk and asked and they once again could not find a record of my flight.
It turns out I had mixed up the days in the jetlagged time change and we were at the airport a day early.
We went back and had to call the owner of the Airbnb and convince her we had checked out by accident and needed a new key. The owner was in another country and was obviously sleep when I called. She was flabbergasted.
“Wait so why don’t you have a key?”
“I mixed up the days and made everyone in our group get out of the apartment and we went to the airport”
“Oh okay that makes a lot more sense than what the security told me, I’ll have them issue you one new key that’s all that is permitted”
“Sorry for waking you”

We went back to our high rise apartment and watched the sunrise from my room.

“Well I guess we have an extra day in Chiang Mai!” I exclaimed.

And the was the last time I didn’t double check flight/hotel itineraries on a trip!:sweat_smile:

FYI no one in my group questioned if we were at the airport on the right day :sweat:

So I don’t have a Major dumb story. But I sure do feel like the biggest jerk in the room when I ask my family with the most serious look on my face where my iPhone is, only to finally come back to my senses to realise it’s still in my hand, unlocked and on the exact same page I was on two seconds before I even asked the question.

Ugh

The stupidest thing that happened to me was last year when we took a tour of Europe with my boyfriend. We had hired a van for our travel and it was a standard design that there were many in Rome. Anyway, I forgot to look at the numbering of the vehicle and ended up getting into a foreign vehicle! and with people inside !! and I didn’t know how to speak Italian and only Pepperoni came to mind !! so I was just saying sorry for confusing me and I came down laughing at myself.

2 Likes

I worked at supply shop when I was 18. This guy came into shop for some stuff late one day, and while he was there I convinced him to also buy 50 head torches too. I said they were the bee’s knees and that they’ll never let you down and sent him on his way. The guy drives back home which was over 2 hours away.

The next day I come into work to find the same guy screaming at my boss saying that I had sold him faulty goods and wanted not only his money back but his fuel money too. Apparently he’d tried all 50 that night to find that none of them turn on.

My boss and the guy looked at me as I walked through the door. The guy then screams at me and pushes all the head torches on the floor while explaining again that he was EXTREMELY NOT HAPPY! and that my boss should SACK THE BIG IDIOT!

As I walked passed the mess I picked 1 of the head torches up, took it out of the box and simply removed the little plastic tab that stops the batteries from running flat before their first use. I threw the head torch back to him and said “You would have thought these would have been Idiot proof”.

Of cause the guy got no money back but he also got his account suspended for the way he had spoken to me.

Thats the dumbest guy I’ve ever met.