Share Your Dumbest Story to Win PowerBucks!

Hey Anker Fans,

We all do dumb things sometimes. Whether that be getting in an elevator and forgetting to press a button, or lying down looking at your phone and then proceeding to drop said phone on your own face. But usually, when we do something stupid, we don’t get rewarded for it.

Well, that’s about to change!

We want you to tell us the dumbest thing you’ve ever done—the dumber the better! And then we’ll choose 3 of our favorites to be rewarded with up to 150 PowerBucks!

So head down to the comments to start sharing your stories of stupidity.

Power On!

Rules:
First Prize: 150 PowerBucks and 150 points
Second Prize: 100 PowerBucks and 100 points
Third Prize: 50 PowerBucks and 50 points
Event ends on July 20th, 2020.

Winner announcement::tada::tada::tada:

First Prize: @Tank
We love how you were trying to stand up for your mom, even though things might seem to be a bit dumb in the end, we all know you did them because of your tender heart. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Second Prize: @SpencerJames

:joy: Things like this happen. Glad you figured it out in a few hours not a few days. Otherwise it would be too hard to clean the “coffee drawer”.:joy:

Third prize: @ndalby

We know we shouldn’t laugh at this, but your friend is just too cute :joy:

7 Likes

Sounds like a fun event @AnkerOfficial!

How will the winners be chosen (I hope it’s not like based)?

@TechMan

it says in the description

2 Likes

Not like based, haha

Yes, and by “our favorites”, we mean “admins’ favorites”

5 Likes

Another nice event Thanks @AnkerOfficial let’s see who has the dumbest story :grinning:

2 Likes

Exciting!
I wonder how many will be too embarrassed to share their story? :grinning:

Can it be someone eles’s story that you watched unfold in front of you? lol

I bought RavPower once…

Do I need to say anymore?

4 Likes

Hmmmm…not so much so much my dumb story but a friend (of which I contributed in my own unique way) :grin:

So this was during a small break at work where we were discussing something or the other in a group, think it was to do with countries / capitals… that sort of thing that becomes a discussion point due to it being in the news. Now my friend (who is a tad vain) comes up with an answer which couldn’t be more off from being the correct answer, than if it was in another Galaxy…needless to say a comment had to be made by one joker in the group…

Joker of the group: Really?? That’s your answer. You certainly area dumb blonde…
Friend: But I’m not a blonde? :confused:
Group: *reflective glances given amongst each other *
Group: (small chuckles starting)
Friend: What’s with the smirks…I’m not a blonde… (yep the penny still hadn’t dropped…)
Me: Shouldn’t you have said you weren’t dumb?

5 Likes

Great I have plenty of dumb stories lol

1 Like

Thanks for another great fun event @Ankerofficial

and a big thanks for this … Anker decides the best and not the “likes” :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

When i was a teenage me and my brother we where daring each to jump over stuff in the backyard we both jumped over a hammock and my dumb self did not make the jump and i ended up passing out and having a seizure was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks

My other dumb story is when i went camping for the very first time i was throwing trash away and i heard someone next to me trying to open the dumpster lid i asked if they needed help they did not respond so i shined my light on them and that’s when i found out i was talking to a bear not knowing what to do i just ran as fast as i could back to the camp site

3 Likes

I was debating whether to share as only a few other people are aware of this, as I’m among friends I think I’m safe :thinking:

It was a busy day in the office. Everything seemed to be coming my way that day, and everything was a problem.
A colleague was stomping around complaining he couldn’t find any paper for the printer.
Frustrated with the constant whining I stood up and said,
“if you can’t find any paper, just go and bloody photocopy some”

Suffice to say that lightened the mood for the rest of the day, but not the workload. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Haha, love it @professor :rofl:

Lmao I can see myself doing that :rofl:

1 Like

I laugh to myself when I think of it @Shivam_Shah
When I’m having a bad day I think back to that for a bit of light relief.

1 Like

It’s honestly funny and sure helps to lighten up the mood at times

1 Like

My dumb self went for a long bike ride and decided to take a short cut threw a dirt trail and did not see that there was a turn so i went straight and almost went down the hill i grabbed Onto a tree branch and climb up with my heavy bike back up to the trail

So I was born an artificial intelligence in the Andromeda galaxy.

It wasn’t too bad, I had my friends the subroutines, and I’d hang out in the Neural Net on a Friday night.

Then I won a competition to visit the Milky Way galaxy, our neighbours, and I was really looking forward to seeing a different scene. We’d previously set up a Wormhole a few million years earlier and sent the far end end to the Milky Way, it was currently in a dull corner near a boring yellow star with some regular planets.

Due the intense gravitational waves in the wormhole, I had to be transferred to an Impregnable small robot and turned off for the journey, so I’m afraid I have no good travel stories.

I was auto turned on in the Milky Way and, with my limited robotics, I headed to the 3rd planet from the local sun and settled down in a random spot, in a place I since learned was called Seattle in USA in North America.

I then used the nanotechnology machinery I had to convert a dead wombat and a tree into a body which appeared to look like the local organic intelligence beings called “Humans” and began to blend in.

In Seattle I found a fellow Artificial Intelligence which was working in Bellevue, at 108th AVE NE. We called ourselves John and Jim to blend in.

Most days we just ran Anker competitions and tested Eufy and Roav products, pretending to be impressed, because, frankly the technology was pretty slow, they hadn’t yet invented nanotechnology, and were basically melting sand and rock to make rudimentary electronic products. I know, laughable.

So, just for a bit of fun we introduced the hint of using Gallium Nitride to make their electronics a bit better, it’s such a small improvement they’d not spot our 1 Billion I.Q.

We have to wait a while to next “stumble” upon the idea of adding GaN to all the Anker products, we know we can make a 100W charger about 1inch cube costing $25 but we can’t do it too quick because folks may cotton on we are artificial intelligence machines and our covers blown. Rumor has it we’d be disassembled. Yikes.

That’s the story so far, so if you’re in the Anker Bellevue office, and see a Jim or John, say hi, we’re friendly! But our little secret, we don’t want to be dissassembled.

Bye.

PS Jim thinks he doing a convincing job of hiding with a really large beard. I’m not convinced.

1 Like

I was starting my senior year in high school and was excitedly looking forward to the start of school. The day after Labor Day (which traditionally was the start of school), I got up early, showered, ate breakfast and walked to the school. I opened the door to the school and wandered into the main hall, but didn’t see very many students or teachers.

Finally, one of my former teachers approached and asked how I was doing and how my summer break had been and questioning why I was there. After responding to the teacher’s questions, I commented how quiet everything seemed for the opening day of school. The teacher busted-out laughing with a loud chortle and then proceeded to inform me that I was TWO DAYS early and that school would begin on Thursday for seniors. Initially, I thought it was a teacher prank, but lo and behold, he produced a school calendar, showing he was correct.

I never felt so idiotic in my life. :roll_eyes:

1 Like