PowerPort II 2

Gonna pick up one! A must buy!

So yes that is a 15% reduction in weight and a 5% reduction in volume.

1 Like

Just got mine today. I love the new size. Itā€™s smaller then The original powerport 2. It still feels solid and very well made. The new blue light is pretty cool. But just like the elite powercore light. It is only to indicate itā€™s plugged in.
It being a only plugged in indicator is fine with me. I had a few devices. That would make the green to blue light indicator flicker. On the older powerport 2.

3 Likes

The blue light annoys my wife, she always outs tape over them. I was gonna get this next paycheck but if that light is always on I may opt for a different one of Anker fast chargers

1 Like

Both the powercore 2 and powercore 2 elite both have a always on indicator light. The powercore 2 had a green to blue indicator that would let you know when your device was done charging.
The circular blue indicator on this new model is much less noticable then the older powercore.

1 Like

The way I see it, if it doesnā€™t show when the device is done charging, thereā€™s really no use. I will agreeā€¦ they can be distracting, but itā€™s good to hear from @arttwou that the light may have been bumped down in intensity with the newest model.

Surely this isnā€™t already the second revisionā€¦

It is good you got this. The photos imply the web specs are in error, it could just be camera angle but I see more than a 0.1" reduction?

I rarely now travel with my 2 port Powerport because I got the Powercore Fusion which is 2 port and includes a battery or I need 4 ports or more so use Powerport4 or 5.

For many however, who yet to own and need to buy, then yes its an upgrade from a volume/weight perspective (and a claim of more durable).

1 Like

Is Fusion smaller than Slim 5000 / PowerCore 5000 + PowerPort II 2?

When you factor cables in, a little. My EDC is Fusion 5000 because my total power needs if a long busy days off-grid isnā€™t needing more than 5000mAh. So home / office / home, 5000mAh is all you need to keep gadgets going.

For traveling further, when my worst case need is higher, I donā€™t use the Fusion but usually either the Powerport4 or 5 depending on where Iā€™m going. In general, the worse the hotel / airport, the more you need a 12ft long extension cord and a Powerport4, as the cord has less weight on the socket and the sockets are further away (often behind the bed), the better the hotel the more they have socket on bedside table lamp. The longer you are away the more you need to be able to recharge more things at once.

Net is my Powerport2 is just now, from it being my go-to, to my never-used, due to Fusion and the many gadgets. Move to BT buds from wired causes a need to add a charging port, it trips more of us into needing >2 ports. Others though, like children with just a phone, the BT buds trip from single port to 2 port. So we all move up a little in need.

I think PowerPort 4/5 should get upgraded soon, both released in 1st half of 2015.

1 Like

So wait this new charger they released on 10/5. The one I bought and received just today is already outdated?
They must have found a problem. Just like they did with the early 2016 powerport 2. Sparking issues again?

Thank you for your reminding! We already changed the error on page.:innocent:

So what are the dimensions?

Iā€™m seeing the original 2.13 x 2.24 x 1.14 in reduced to 2.13 x 2.13 x 1.1 in , weight reduced from 3.4oz to 2,9oz, hence a 8.2% reduction in volume and 15% reduction in weight.

That is useful if youā€™re seeking to buy but not that much if you already own.

I barely ever go with my 2 port anyway because I recharge >2 things. I usually go with Fusion to remove need to recharge a small battery, or Powerport 4 or Powerport 5.

Speaking of which, what about Fusion shrinkage, Powerport 4 shrinkage, Powerport 5 shrinkage?

1 Like

I own PowerPort Strip and Elite 2. Interested in 4/5 if some new ones come out.