PowerPort II 2

On October 5, Anker will release the PowerPort II 2 on Amazon for $16.

The PowerPort 2 features a slightly updated design, but sticks with PowerIQ 1 technology for now. I suspect PowerIQ 2 will be incorporated in future versions, but we won’t know for sure until it is (if it is). I also think we’ll see more PowerPorts with USB-C in a bit.

Otherwise, this still has a 24W output split between 2 ports.

6 Likes

Gonna have to pick one up, my turbo charger just crapped out on me for my Motorola

Interesting, the PowerPort 2 seems to be refreshed often. Isn’t this the second time this year?

1 Like

Yes and once in the back half of last year!

Not gonna lie, i really like that design!

1 Like

Maybe a version of the Fusion will be updated with the Quick charge

1 Like

nice, so this is the super compact version of the “elite”?, it looks smaller and cute.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say super compact. The Elite was a large version of the upgraded PowerPort 2. This new PowerPort II 2 has the same dimensions as the older, upgraded PowerPort 2.

1 Like

ok, good to know. I wish Anker could fix the LED light on the Elite model. It shows blue all the time. Normally Anker use green for charging and blue for idle on its chargers.

1 Like

Yeah otherwise what’s the point of the light :joy:

1 Like

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if all of Anker’s products are updated with either the PIQ 2 or PD.

It would be a Quick charge standard with IQ. Imagine if the Powercore Fusion and Powercore 5000 both had Quick charge. When you are use to the Quick charge 3.0 and then use a slower charger you start asking questions

1 Like

SO is the Powerport2 with a changed name? They made the Elite bigger than the original so it is smaller than the elite and so same size as original?

1 Like

And different light indicator.

Oh wow, a different light, what innovation!

1 Like

Well, to the common consumer, this may appear more innovative than changing the charging technologies / power … as sad as that sounds.

QC 3 or USB PD will require more powerful charger, hence bigger case, higher price. I don’t think if that is the price target of this one.

As long as it does the job well, incremental upgrade is welcome, imo.

1 Like

Well because Anker has figured out how to incorporate QC 3 into PowerIQ, it shouldn’t be too much bigger or more expensive.

Also, I guess I’m not seeing the upgrade here. Care to clarify?

They have the QC3 and IQ incorporated in one already https://www.anker.com/products/variant/PowerPort-2-Ports/A2024111

I haven’t gotten this one and put it next it to the old, but I think it is smaller. The design was also cosmetically changed, which is nicer.

I am referring to PowerIQ 2.0.

This is smaller than the Elite but not the previous versions, which had the same amount of power, so no innovation there.

1 Like