PowerPort II 2

So you are saying because it doesn’t have some tech (that you think it was innovative), then it didn’t innovate? And keep selling the old design without any small tweak is all just fine?.

What I am saying is Anker already had the product that satisfying your “innovation”, this one capped at it price range. The PowerIQ 2 (QC3) would require 18W per 1 port, so 2 port will require 36W. This one is a 24W design and for different class of devices.

Not at all what I’m saying. I have asked you to tell me the innovation in this product and you have failed to recognize any real innovation. Please tell me if I’m wrong.

I already said (new cover, smaller, and potentially few tweaks (that only anker knows)). And you only mentioned it needed some Power IQ2, which is a different class of product. I think you failed to recognize the price point of the product.

Innovation doesn’t meant jumping out of the class, I hope this made my point clearer.

Correct unless Anker can clarify an undocumented positive change.

1 Like

I suppose it is simply a matter of having different standards for innovation then. If a ‘new cover’ (though I’m not sure I see the change, perhaps you mean new logo?) and the form factor of an older design is enough for you, great. I was just providing PowerIQ 2.0 as an example.

I mentioned 3 things, but you always picked on the “cover”, which is okay. I guess the innovation judgement of people are different.

It seems same cover, not smaller, and no obvious tweaks. It seems a relaunch of the earlier product.

There was a sparking problem (I never experienced) which may have been fixed in the prior product.

The only way to close this for Anker to respond, but as Anker tends to be replying from China I am not expecting a reply til about 48 hours from now.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten and tested the new one so I am not so sure about your claims. Unless you have some photos of comparisons. Btw, the cover is not the same :), you just mentioned they changed the light…

Ok so I’ve had some time to think about this and I really don’t think it’s a good idea to be gladly welcoming this product. Believe it or not but Anker does get signals from that. We do not really want Anker to be spending their time on changing the light indicator when they could be innovating.

Waits for Anker to say what’s different (other than the light color). I won the “Elite” in a giveaway and as its the same performance but larger I don’t use it, I user the predecessor which appears same as the new one, but I’m happy to be proved wrong.

1 Like

I like the design so far.

Why do I not see this new charger on ankers website or mention of it on social media facebook, twitter etc?
Usually a company will go to some length to promote a new product.

I just bought it to replace a older un updated original powercore 2 early 2016. I dont care for the look of the new elite. This one looks to be in between the two versions.

Just hope I didn’t make a mistake in being some tester. For a stop gap charger. Anker has no intentions of releasing main stream.

2 Likes

No worries. Anker releases new products constantly. It usual doesn’t show up on their website for several weeks after launch due to limited supply. That’s also typically when they’ll share it on social media IF they share it on social media. They simply don’t have time to cover all of their new releases.

Here’s a few examples of products that have been released recently but not on their website or social media:
SoundBuds Slim+
2-Cell LC90
SoundBuds Surge

The PowerPort II 2 falls right in there.

1 Like

yes, it is smaller than all the previous PowerPort 2 wall chargers.

1 Like

Hi @nigelhealy,

The new PowerPort II is even compact than the first PowerPort 2. And the reason that we released a new version PowerPort 2 is that we have improved the product durability to keep up with our customers’ expectations.

Thanks!

@techguycarlos That’s true~:slight_smile: we keep improving the quality.

1 Like

I’m seeing the 2.2 becomes a 2.1 so a fraction smaller?

More durable is good.

1 Like

Also good chance dimensions are wrong

you guys are picky, lol.
it is 15% lighter, needed to add that to the convo.