PowerDrive III Duo Review

Hey Everyone

I received this PowerDrive from Anker recently and wanted to share my early experiences.

What is it?
A PowerDrive is basically an in car charger which powers from the cars cigarette lighter. It has 2 USB-C outputs.

Anker produces various types of PowerDrives with various combinations of output type.

Packaging is the standard white and blue box, minimal and sufficient.

Contents consist of the PowerDrive and a little bit of literature.

So onto the important bit, it’s charging output.
Im in between phones currently and my temporary phone has a micro-usb charging input.
But that’s fine, you can get a USB-C cable to almost any connector.

As an initial test i charged my phone from 53% to 100%.
Bit of background, the phone is a 5 year old Samsung S5, the battery is in poor condition and regularly won’t charge to 100% using the basic wall charger!

47% charge in 48 minutes isn’t bad going considering it only has a micro-usb input and the battery is in poor condition.
When I get a new phone I will conduct a test from USB-C to USB-C and update with the results.

In conclusion.
From initial tests this is an awesome device and will serve me well.
It will keep the boys tablet charged when on long trips along with my mobile phone.

7 Likes

Great review! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

You will definitely get much better results once you get a phone with an USB C port :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @amada.haro @ikari04warrior

1 Like

Nice review @paulstevenewing thanks for sharing!

1 Like

You told us to buy a new mobile next.
If this got USB-C it will be charging like a “rocket”, Paul.
Perfect review and good made photos.
There is not much which can be written about such a simple charger.:grinning:

1 Like

Thanks @ndalby & @Chiquinho appreciate it.
The new mobile will be the Samsung S11/S20 or whatever they decide to call it so it will be USBC :+1:

1 Like

great review :clap: thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks again @Daiross

Great Review @paulstevenewing :+1: well done mate !

1 Like

Nice review @paulstevenewing :clap:

1 Like

Thansk @Ice1 and @Shenoy :+1:

2 Likes

I did a 9000 mile 6 week driving holiday using this and used it to keep two 18W tablets and Anker Powercore 10000 PD charged. Worked perfectly fine.

I’m looking forward to a small UK wall charger which does the same. A bit chunky still.

2 Likes

Hey @professor
That’s great performance and good to know :+1:t2:

1 Like

Nice review bud

Looking forward to getting some cables for mine :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Thanks mate, they turned up today.

The Powercore Essential 20000 PD (Which you received :slight_smile:) has the USB-C cable already, may be could have used the same, no?

1 Like

Nice review. :grin:

1 Like

Hey @Shenoy
Ill used that to charge the PowerCore and the new lead will be for the car - you can’t have too many cables! :blush:

2 Likes

Don’t start to collect those!

1 Like