PowerDraw Winner Anouncement (Weekly updates)

no way, didn’t you get picked for testing at least one of the products they just had on the contest? So you Won a New Year’s thing, the Star contributer, this power draw and I thought something else, just saying #anker…weighing a little heavily towards the top 3-5 people now instead of noobs, I have only been on this Forum since last year and I think I have made some damn good progress. I need to finish these reviews and submit them tho.

Hey be careful with the accidental implication. There are indeed multiple competitions in parallel, some based on Anker’s decisions on ability to test a product, some on random luck. You will get some who in some period of time happen to win on ability and win on luck. That may feel unfair but to “fix” that would imply Anker would have to downgrade from fair even chance in the random luck based competitions if someone had won in the ability based campaigns, which would then penalize someone for being both able and lucky. That would be akin to someone who was happen to be driving an expensive car from being free to buy a lotto ticket.

You are at risk, either deliberate or I assume accidental or causing others to misinterpret, of crossing a line. We had one member who felt things were unfair about a month ago, it got “pear shaped” for a few days.

Anker’s “testing” competitions are based on how well you respond with a test plan and how well social media you are, and how good you are at reviewing. Those tend to be ability based. There are competitions on sheer random luck. Sometimes someone wins in both but the implications of trying to even out the chances means a person can become penalized, for say talent, as they were also winning by, say, random luck around the same time.

1 Like

Ok so let me clear something up, I am NOT saying that Anker favors ANYONE, I’m just saying the people who are winning are no longer random noobs, which I like because we will get reviews…probably. As far as the Testing goes, I am a little annoyed that I have not been picked for anything. I test high-end products on a different site and it is the same process basically, but you have to write in why YOU would be a good candidate, so far I have been selected on that site for every product I signed up for, some are very similar to the Anker products. Also, I usually get a special offer from the site because whatever company it was liked my review so much they offered for me to buy the product at a huge discount. So, I guess what I am saying is that 1. @joshuad11 I was just pointing out that you have had a lucky streak, that’s all, 2. I am confused why I am getting approved on one site that sends me $1,000+ products to test and why #anker has never picked me for a test. Whatever tho, I am working on my reviews right nowl

Congrats winners!!! :wink:

@joshuad11 does good review videos on YouTube. I’m subscribed to him

3 Likes

Thank you! I hope return to a more consistent upload schedule before too long.

2 Likes

Awesome, I’m looking forward to future videos :+1:

1 Like

I don’t like doing video reviews, as popular as they are, I don’t mind posting pics, but I could never do video reviews. I think I would suck at them. I got kind of “Review Burnt out” because of this one site, which is why I haven’t posted my new reviews of my most recent Anker products here. I’ll subscribe tho…Got a link?

@joshuad11 Just saw your reference for Youtube channel and checked out Anker products reviews, These were simple awesome !!

Thank you! Means a lot. :blush:

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu4z2sWKb8RYroYkNMVXEjA that’s @joshuad11 YouTube channel.
What site do you do reviews for? And for what products? I’d like to check them out if you don’t mind

1 Like

I haven’t done them in a while like I said I got burnt out, well sort of. So there is one site Rank-booster.com that I get crazy good promo codes for Amazon products, but they are rarely of good quality. The site for those reviews is Blogbooster.com. I am currently part of a product testing site, Reviewclub.com, in which they feature certain high-end products, you choose which one you would like to test, then you have to write a summary of why you would be a good candidate for testing that specific product and if you are picked then they send it to you for free, with a return label for free return shipping, you get to test it for about 2 months, then send it back. The site says that you are not allowed to purchase the items, but I have been approved for all but one that I signed up for and I have been given the chance to buy each product at a serious discount each time, and the last one, a pair of non BT Studio Quality headphones, they just told me to keep them. I just sent back the Bose 500 Soundbar with 500 Bass Module, google it, it’s incredible. They sent me an offer to buy it for half off, which would have still been $250, each…so those reviews are scattered on the sites of the different companies products I have tested…

Some “strange views” you have from time to time.

By the way congrats Josh! :grin:

1 Like

Forgot to reply here but whoever wants to check out the review for the Power Draw of the Soundcore Motion Q I won back in January, here’s the link: Soundcore Motion Q - Wireless Stereo Pairing Review. I hope y’all enjoy.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Pedro_Kwiecinski That’s a great review, got to say - I loved the idea of gif in the review! Will use this technique for future reviews

1 Like

You are misunderstanding me, I mean, remember when it seemed like every winner was someone no one had ever heard of, like all new members? Well I’m just saying it seems like that’s not the case anymore and it motivates me, and should others, to participate more. To be more like them names I mentioned. I’m not complaining

I never said your are really complaining.
But if someone gets something that’s OK for us.

No mumbling and grumbling! :wink:

Chris,

I get what you mean (insert a comment t from…lol)

It’s obvs going through stages, and but I don’t think people necessarily need to “do more” in the hope of being selected. There are plenty of us who are on here everyday, and multiple times a day, but still “ain’t so lucky as some” (no, not a winge, just an observation).

We now n again have a moan… We are human, although I get more stick for it, but that’s ok, cos it takes away from others, and I can handle it.

Some people do see such comments as complaining, instead of what they are… A comment on what you’re observing. Sometimes even, just a comment summing up what’s being said across posts.

Franz tho, is cool and doesn’t judge :crazy_face:

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Lol…

I guess I’m not being clear. I don’t think it should be one way or the other, I am just saying what I have noticed. I definitely DO NOT think forced participation is a good idea at all, post what, when, if you want.