PowerCore III 10K Wireless Power Bank Review | We Love Testing

Thank you for your detail! I was hesitant at first because the weight of the products can be a potential issue for me. You answered any questions I may have had.

1 Like

Very nice review and to know that you have the ability to charge up to three devices at once as well.

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I’ll answer them as best as I can

5 Likes

Hey @ktkundy
A question if I may…
Does your PowerCore make a whirring noise when wireless charging?

Im pulling together my review and noticed this when it was on my bedside table.
I could here this strange noise and it was coming from the PowerCore.
The best way I can explain it is it’s like a whirring noise when something is spinning but slightly catching on something.
It’s more noticeable when charging smaller devices like buds, i guess as something as large as a phone muffles the sound more.

@AnkerTechnical @AnkerSupport have you had any feedback on this? Or able to offer an explanation?

Hey @paulstevenewing
Not that I noticed no.
Is it more like a fan sound or is it like something actually hitting something?
Also, does it do this all the time or when you are almost done charging?
I will play around with mine a little more and see if I have any ideas as to what this would cause this
Just out of curiosity though does yours make a rattling sound when you shake it or was that just me.
Can’t wait to read your review!

1 Like

You could say its like a fan sound and catching on something as it spins.
I try and record it tomorrow night and share it here.
It does it at any point while wirelessly charging.

Yes mine rattles too. Mine is due to the phone stand.
When i shake it with my finger on the stand or when the stand is extended it doesn’t rattle.

1 Like

Could be resonance, either electronic or physical as the fact they put a moving part (the stand)

Electronic resonance:

Pull the USB input cable from the Powercore and press the power button to make it charge phone.

If that removes the sound then you have the non-earthed charger to the Powercore then entering resonance with the AC it induces in the phone to make an audible sound.

The fix is not easy, you either must use a 3-prong earthed charger (Anker doesn’t make them) or ground it some other way (touching it when also touching a metal tap in bathroom should remove the sound).

Physical resonance: damping it by putting a weight on it.

1 Like

hmmm interesting ill play around with it to see if i could figure whats causing that but so far no such sound on this end at all. And hmm when i put the standout or hold a finger on it there is still something else rattling

1 Like

I read the first paragraph and just from That I could tell it was a great quality review

1 Like

It could be the magnets from the earbuds are vibrating from the ac current from the coil

1 Like

Thank you so much! That really means so much!!! Hope you’re having a great day!

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Did it help?

Hi @professor
Unfortunately this happens with the PowerCore standalone so no charger involved.
Ill investigate further and try and record the sound and upload here or to YouTube and share a link.

Well in that case it is most likely the hinge, it’s mechanical.

You will get a small vibration from Qi inducing a small magnetic field which makes everything shake, it should be above audible range.

Well version 3 of this idea (Powercore + wireless) will be the one to get, let’s predict now the hinge is gone :innocent:

1 Like

And maybe 2 C ports… @professor

1 Like

Great review @ktkundy ! Love the pictures! And good catch about the size discrepancy! I am interested in why one would need to use trickle charge mode? Shouldn’t the usb port recognize the power needs of the device and provide the appropriate power without having to turn on trickle charge mode?

I don’t own this Powercore but do others with trickle charge.

You rarely need to use trickle charge mode. It seems to be needed for particular phones where their charging algorithm once fully charged is very low, so low it’s not efficient for the Powercore to remain on. I’ve seen this need rarely for phones before Anker introduced the capability. Much more common is when charging earbuds when as they get nearly fully charged, their draw is so low the Powercore turns off and trickle charge mode helps bypass having to keep pressing the power button.

Here you go guys.
A YouTube link to the noise my PowerCore makes when wirlessly charging.
The mic was literally up again the unit and you may need to turn your volume up high.
On reflection, it sounds like Crickets :rofl:

https://youtu.be/fbBxzGovliM

1 Like

I agree it really sounds like crickets I was so confused for a second. Also I definitely do not have that sound at all

1 Like