Power User Page Gone?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spam Links / Accounts - ongoing

Ironically after reading about it on here I figured why not. Threw in about 4 applications thus far and just got an email back today regarding it. Signed my NDA and the company is not your mom and pop company so I know it is going to be good.

PowerUser is a social marketing thing here. It started as their way of getting Amazon reviews before that whole system got nixed.

They have some people as beta testers, some of whom started from this forum and possibly from that group as well. They actually have NDAs, and don’t talk about the program much on here. I am not part of that and never have been, despite expressing interest a few times. :slight_smile: But from what I can tell their participant list is short and possibly not as diverse of a range of testers as would be ideal.

Ah, more competition for the good stuff… Sometimes I think we should all be more quiet about these programs.

Glad you got picked and that it should be fun. I hope it goes great - every now and then a planned beta is more like an alpha and the end result is hopefully a redesign. The good ones are really at consumer stage hardware but need software refinements.

I apply for any of the hardware betas that are listed on betabound, and getting a hit on 1 out of 4 would be a great rate overall. But I have been doing it long enough to have perspective on it. And good ones where you contribute effectively will be more likely to accept you again - two companies probably account for more than half my beta tests in the last 6 years.

I always try to put as much into the ones I have done in the past just to not leave a bad taste in their mouth if I apply for something else of theirs. I am honestly stoked for this one because of the brand and the product itself. My wife hasn’t heard the end of it since I found out lol

Oh man you are so lucky! Enjoy the item to test :+1:

Regarding “keeping quiet about the betas”… I think of it sometimes, but sharing is love :)!

Anyway Betabound has a very strong US-focus, and Europe is maybe elligible for 1/4 of the total, so for me (living in Europe) there is not a big increase in competiton. BTW Jercox… I think that maybe we have shared some "network-related-company"beta?.. :wink: Your nick rings a bell

1 Like

I definitely share as well. Just have to remember that I don’t want to be picked for every beta anyway, it would be too much work. Most people I know don’t consider a worthwhile tradeoff in any case.

I don’t specifically recognize your username, but I have done a number of “network-related” beta tests, and I tend to be fairly active on the forums while doing so, so very likely.

Hey, someone besides me gets beta app fever :slight_smile: . I too have to remind myself that there are some devices that I don’t need more of or that sometimes I have time constraints and can’t always put the time in to do it really well.