New User Restrictions

How long does it take to lift the new user restrictions?

3 Likes

Hey @QueenMagic
I’m not sure exactly. Some had mentioned its down to time while for others it seemed to be to do with reaching a certain level.

Im also facing same thing i guess you need to gain some points i guess and spend time. @Anker_1. Also go through the rules im gonna share with you.

See these. Might be helpful.
https://community.anker.com/power_draw/faq

I’m really not aware of these restrictions. Maybe they recently implemented it or at least some time after I joined. But it would just be based on points or getting to level 1 at least

I’m already level one and still have restrictions such as not being able to post more than 3 replies on a thread

1 Like

Is there any admins that know the answer to this?

1 Like

Maybe @ndalby or @TechnicallyWell might be able to give clarity to it @QueenMagic

1 Like

I think that reply restriction is a thing for all of us. I haven’t tried it recently but I remember getting it a couple months back

I was limited to only 3 replies on the Anniversary thread per day while everyone else was lucky enough to reply multiple times

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial would be best to answer as it depends what has been set within the site admin settings for trust levels (ie level 1 / 2) such as max replies, max topics on a daily or weekly basis…

3 Likes

I also had new user restrictions when I first joined, not sure how I got it lifted

1 Like

Maybe a level 3 thing then @Mike246810 or after a certain amount of comments.

1 Like

Yeah, fair point @ndalby :+1:t2:

Oh ok. I thought 3 replies in 1 go :sweat_smile:. But no I’ve never been restricted to 3 replies per day in any of the threads before

It’s a spammer / bot protection.

Before you joined Paul we suffered a couple of bad situations where effectively the community was unusable due to a bot just posting all the time.

A real new user tends to post a few times in areas they find interesting and it’s set at that level, and can be tweaked up/down to match real people’s real level of engagement, but no higher to stop bad things happening.

I don’t know current restrictions, just understand why bad people in the past forced it to happen.

2 Likes

Yea I experienced this during one of the giveaways I’m on the Soundcore collective more than I am on the anker collective so since I was such a low level I could only post 3 times on a single thread

I think i remember a few mentioning that previously now you mention it @professor
Think we’ve had one in my time too with several hundred posts over a weekend, early summer maybe?

I was on a break for so long I don’t even remember those bots on here :joy:

1 Like

I was thinking it was level 3 to a basic user. The 3 reply limit is 3 times i n a row. Once another person replies, you should be able to do 3 more post and it should not be per day.

I agree with @professor it is due to spammers. You know that soundcore has not fix that issue yet, I think.

1 Like